Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Turkey Hunting Report

rsmith

Good luck everyone! I'm getting ready to walk back in about 10 minutes! Have fun and be safe!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hunter II

Set up and waiting. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460973659.594608.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Alex and I went out this morning and didn't hear anything off the roost. We moved to the other side of the property and got one to respond about 7:15. The tom came in at a run from about 300 yards away but hung up about 30 yards out behind some thick stuff. We messed with that bird for over an hour and he would not commit to walking around that stuff. We tried all the tricks in the book. Went quiet, got aggressive, gobbled at him, I even snuck out the back and called walking away from him. I bet he gobbled 200 times in that hour. A lot of it on his own. He came 300 yards to that hen and expected her to go the last 30.

That's ok. Tomorrow morning will find Alex in that strut zone and me back in the same spot. Do it again tom. Do it again.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just got set up at 8:15,had a deer walk by and at 9:10 heard some clucking so called some and had several gobble about 60 yds away,they finally came through at about 35 yds,6 jakes but i just might have sent an arrow at one if they would have come closer.lol prob not though.

Attachments

• 0418160920_HDR-1.jpg
    0418160920_HDR-1.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 0418160920b_HDR.jpg
    0418160920b_HDR.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 129

Buckmaster

Portage
My backyard pets have coexisted with me for the past month.

Here's 4-5 hens Friday wallowing in a backyard sand pile (where the kiddie pool goes) meanwhile watched by Mr. Tom.

There's 11 hens and 2 gobblers in all. This morning they were behind my garage at 8 am....would have been easy pickings.

I think I'll wait until Saturday and try to shoot one of the gobblers with my a bow. At least I'll be at peace in giving them a chance.

Attachments

• Turkey.jpg
    Turkey.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 117

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Dammit Chad!!!' Lol... All part of hunting them lol
Fuggers were henned up right after fly down, 4 strutters, 3 jakes, a bearded hen, and 3-4 other hens. Had 2 longbeards at 25 yards and had brush in the way. Those fuggers stood out in the field 50-60 yards from me strutting for an hour. Switched spots after they moved off and had a lone Tom come in, took a 30 yard shot and missed. I'll be back in the morning.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I didn't kill my bird on the property I found the arrowhead ...But I figured I'd carry it with me today and see if it would bring me luck .