Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

other hobbies, interests?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
If I'm not hunting or fishing I'm catching flack for not doing enough projects around the house! WTH!lol

Sounds familiar... I keep tellin my wife that project season doesn't start until Feb 6th :smiley_bril: She keeps addin stuff on the list. I'm gonna be busy this season.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
With younger kids playing different sports, some of which I help coach, I have a lot less time than I used to. Most of my hobbies are outdoors. When deer are not in season, I am usually working on improvements/setups for next season like creating bedding areas, looking for better stand sites, running cams, working on plots and the like. I also like to work in the yard landscaping and planting my garden. Chainsawing and fourwheelers are fun too. Hanging out with friends and a few cold ones is great. Mostly, I am teaching my kids to enjoy the outdoors. They would go fishing every day in the summer if we had time.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Im a hapless tinkerer

This sums me up pretty well. I'm the kind of person that enjoys learning how things work and how to make them work better. Even though I am capable of paying, I would much rather learn how to do something myself... whether it be auto repairs, home repairs and remodeling, or tuning my bow, etc. My wife tells me I have "fads." I go from one "fad" to the next... A never-ending tinkering pursuit of happiness.

Aside from those things, I work out 2 to 3 days a week... I like playing cornhole or horseshoes while tippin back a few brews... I absolutely love playing baseball... I enjoy golf, even though I suck at it... Oh and I also like to sing, even though it's only while driving down the road or in front of my wife.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
fishing is my life and hunting is my hobby............i do like to invent things though , right now im designing a new bait tank filter

If fishing is your life and hunting is a hobby, what do you do for a living man? Are you still at the paylake?

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
do alot of outdoors stuff, most of it revolves around deer, bedding areas, run trail cameras year round, mineral sites and such, do alittle catfishin and alot of 3d shoots, and in our neighborhood corn hole and some cold refreshments happens alot in the evenings and weekends.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here is a pic of our latest framed collection of shark teeth we found in Myrtle Beach over the last two years. We just framed the best ones and the rest will be added to the next collection series. My wife can't believe I get up at the crack of dawn every morning to go hit the beach to find shark teeth.lol I'm obsessed with it like I am shed hunting I guess.lol

The bigger ones in the center row are mostly tigers and the long narrow ones are mostly sands.

Here is a pic of our latest framed collection of shark teeth we found in Myrtle Beach over the last two years. We just framed the best ones and the rest will be added to the next collection series. My wife can't believe I get up at the crack of dawn every morning to go hit the beach to find shark teeth.lol I'm obsessed with it like I am shed hunting I guess.lol

The bigger ones in the center row are mostly tigers and the long narrow ones are mostly sands.

kinda like arrow head hunting

Glen

I do a lot of woodworking too. I make wooden pens & pencils & have turned some different items as well. I enjoy taking the Wife out so she can take pictures too.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Between deer hunting, shed hunting, running cams, scouting, home life, and work. I don't have much extra time anymore. Just got done putting in 102.25 hours the past 2 weeks lol.

I am trying to get into shooting some yote if I can ever catch a break to get my butt out there.