Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pellet Grills

Funny seeing this post as I am in the same position as when I first asked about them. We have just resorted to simple charcoal and a Weber for the time being so in reality we don't grill much. Still a pipe dream of mine to get some sort of smoking set-up though. Flipping channels through this lock-down I've watched several of the BBQ Pitmasters shows lately and it quickly makes me wish I had that ability right now.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Funny seeing this post as I am in the same position as when I first asked about them. We have just resorted to simple charcoal and a Weber for the time being so in reality we don't grill much. Still a pipe dream of mine to get some sort of smoking set-up though. Flipping channels through this lock-down I've watched several of the BBQ Pitmasters shows lately and it quickly makes me wish I had that ability right now.
If you want to step up your game a bit while using the same Weber set up, get yourself a Vortex insert. It will allow you to smoke, cook indirectly or directly, and sear with amazing effectiveness. It is a true game changer for a standard kettle-style charcoal grill. It's a much cheaper alternative than just jumping right in to a new pellet grill. I use my vortex almost every time I cook on the grill nowadays and can't see myself every owning a kettle without one.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
C4659FA6-5EC1-4406-9C01-8261C80C4106.jpeg

Funny y’all brought this up.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The universe heard me and it told Home Depot to send me two coupons, one for $100 off my next purchase over $750 and wouldn't you know it, a coupon for 18-months no interest in purchases over $500. Alright then, give me that Traeger Pro 34, the shelf, some pellets and let's call it a day. 😎

Guess I'll have 2 grills and a smoker for sale by the end of the weekend!

20200403_151043.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The universe heard me and it told Home Depot to send me two coupons, one for $100 off my next purchase over $750 and wouldn't you know it, a coupon for 18-months no interest in purchases over $500. Alright then, give me that Traeger Pro 34, the shelf, some pellets and let's call it a day. 😎

Guess I'll have 2 grills and a smoker for sale by the end of the weekend!

View attachment 98795
Nice brother! That’s exciting stuff right there!

Jamie

Ohio
If I had a boundless supply of cash I would probably buy a pellet grill. My old man is toying with the idea of buying one, but he only has a gas grill at the moment. I have two charcoal grills, a gas grill, an electric smoker, an a-maze-n pellet tray, and cold smoking apparatus for my Bradley. and now with the sous vide cooking, my smoking needs are even less for most things. still, it looks like a barrel of fun. I think I can speak for a number of us when I say a full report and some pics of the results are expected on short order.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Almost did, almost did buy this... I was actually at menards to buy me a gas grill. It was time...making it eaiser on me just to get started on grilling the hotdogs and hamburgers. So, that way when sircantcatchalot comes over to eat and then start drinking. Charcoal takes forever. I'll use charcoal for grilling the steaks, you know.
20200403_120642.jpg

This is the gas grill I bought today.
20200601_213524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Almost did, almost did buy this... I was actually at menards to buy me a gas grill. It was time...making it eaiser on me just to get started on grilling the hotdogs and hamburgers. So, that way when sircantcatchalot comes over to eat and then start drinking. Charcoal takes forever. I'll use charcoal for grilling the steaks, you know. View attachment 98807
This is the gas grill I bought today.
View attachment 98808
58156D49-7B92-42C1-A531-F695508E018A.gif

Shots fired!!!😂

Reactions: 5Cent and MoonLab