Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pew pew 2022

Bowkills

Nw oh
Saw 4 this am bucks chasimg a doe and a fawn following. No shots heard. Got gas and was going to eat lunch but Hustled back as a guy that wonders aimlessly is starting to head back through this mile.

Reactions: Left field and Mike

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I have to say first that I take no pride in killing does anymore. Never really did for that matter, just makes me feel bad. But this is another property I am requested to kill a doe every year to hunt, so I did so this morning. I like this picture as its the same gun and orange vest that I still use that I killed my first deer with ever, 22 years ago. When I said most of my gear is old I wasn't lying. I believe this was a Kmart vest.

Attachments

• 20221128_124615.jpg
    20221128_124615.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 106

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20221128_114916.jpg

DAY 1 NOON DEER REPORT:

A dozen, plus a couple more shots heard this first half of today, within a mile or two, a couple in the neighborhood and that was it. I'd say half of them were within the first five minutes of the new season.

When I left home this morning, I saw several 🦌 just down the road.
When I first started hiking to the blind through the picked cornfield, I encountered a couple of 🦌 already up and about.
When I checked ✔️ my Tactacams via the 📱 application, both before heading out and once I got settled in, from what I gathered basically, most of the 🦌 were real busy all night at both farms/places, hmmm.

I got in the blind early with just those two that I saw not even 50yrds. from where I parked. No blow, no flag was heard nor observed, they just simply moved on, which they really did not slow me up any at all, which was great!

Anyways, I sat all morning without seeing a deer until 11:30AM, which it was a buck, one that I also encountered the other night with a couple of others, but did not get any cellphone snapshots of him then. Well, now I've got not just one, but a whole bunch of photos of him, plus I captured him on my scope mounted 4k/HD Tactacam 5.0 camera as well, where I was practicing often on shot presentation because I watched this half rack buck up until noon, first freshing up a couple of scapes, then browsed on some thorn bushes, and finally, he fed the rest of his time right in front of me at approximately 60-70 yards away. Afterwards, I watched him head towards the big pines and that was the last I saw of him up to this point and no other deer have showed up,,,, yet.

20221128_121654.gif

I'm gonna break for lunch now, but I'll be back in the blind in about an hour from now.

Congrats to all the successful morning gunners! Nice job!

I'll follow-up later on this evening with hopefully some better news.

Good luck to whomever is hunting today!

Last edited:
Ohio
So little bit of a dilemma and would like to hear your guys opinions. There’s 3 friends that hunt our property other than our immediate family. Everyone picks their spots and stays generally in their area. We try to do this as we don’t do drives and the properties surrounding us are pretty heavily pressured. We try to not move deer off the property the best that we can. Never been an issue before but my dads father in law came this year and has literally done circles around the entire property. I told him where everyone would be sitting and he walked up on about everyone. When I asked him about it he said he just can’t sit still. Suggestions?

Bigcountry40

So little bit of a dilemma and would like to hear your guys opinions. There’s 3 friends that hunt our property other than our immediate family. Everyone picks their spots and stays generally in their area. We try to do this as we don’t do drives and the properties surrounding us are pretty heavily pressured. We try to not move deer off the property the best that we can. Never been an issue before but my dads father in law came this year and has literally done circles around the entire property. I told him where everyone would be sitting and he walked up on about everyone. When I asked him about it he said he just can’t sit still. Suggestions?
Did you clearly explain why no one walks around? I’m assuming you did give him one more chance tell to go walk around public

Ohio
Yeah I tried to explain but I don’t think he exactly gets it. My dad directed him to a different part of the property and asked him to stay away from everyone else. Tough situation because he is an older gentleman that we respect and don’t want to be rude. Definitely thought about telling him to try public where he can walk as much as he wants.

StealthHunter32

I would kindly explain that he’s ruining everyone else’s hunt when he’s moving around. When you are a guest and hunting as part of a group everyone needs to be treated with the same level of respect. It’s also a potential safety issue if he’s moving himself closer to others.