Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pew pew 2022

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
That sticker can be removed five days after my funeral and not a day sooner. I don’t recall why I left it on there to begin with, but it was on there and a buddy some here know as “Sig” was really bothered by it. He has offered a fair sum of money to Mason to take it off. The offered amount has increased every time he has seen a pic of that gun laying on a dead deer. I sent him a pic this morning. His reply, “ I’ll find Mason’s price”. The sticker stays...
Better get it protected by a clear laminate or clear shrink wrap or something - it would be a shame if that gun lost its mojo, which is now clearly associated with the sticker

Reactions: brock ratcliff

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
It was like 11:45 and I realized i forgot my snickers and slim Jim, and also hadn’t seen any deer so I decided to climb down and likely stumble Fugg around for an hour two before settling for the evening hunt. There was a flock of turkeys on the shelf below me, so I stayed on top out of view and kept even pace with them hoping to jump a deer in the briars between us. I made it 75ish yds and did that. I quickly get to the edge and see 2 does dump off into the bottom out of view, then saw a yote hot on their tail. Couldn’t get a shot, I was pissed. Soon as I lowered my gun one of the does came back up from the bottom. She had a bunch of shit in front of her and she seemed far as hell, but I knew I had to abandon the bow hunter mentality and let her rip. Saw her take 2 bounds then she disappeared around the hill. I was 99% confident I missed due to yardage and bullshit. I wandered down the hill in that direction and found her dead no more than 15yds from where she was standing. 108 yards, punched offside shoulder. Less than half mile drag, not too bad especially considering she’s a fawn (just my type lol). Soon as I got to the truck I got a text from one of the other guys in camp that he shot a doe. Met up with him, ended up being a bitch of a drag. Only half mile maybe, but it was a lot steeper than I would’ve liked. Took us a couple hours, but we have a pile of dead deer in my truck bed and I’m pounding lattes and eating pizza cheese curds so I’m happy.
A35B3C62-217E-43D0-8212-00D61F5C462C.jpeg
A4F6A993-EB30-4967-853E-B1E1BEBF3EA7.jpeg