Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pew pew 2022

at1010

*Supporting Member*
B57FC822-2413-4BB9-A78B-9C9740C4E783.jpeg

We had a good few day of hunting - saw a pile of deer. No mature bucks and I jus it didn’t feel like shooting a doe (odd for me).

highlight of week was getting my cousin “Dutch” his first ever buck!

I will say that gun season sure has changed in our neighborhood. Heard a few shots but all the neighbors I spoke with 630+ acres, not a deer was shot.

Still seems like a lot of guys hunting but not nearly the desire to “fill a tag” as once before.

I will say - I enjoy being with my family. As the other post mentioned, I have some unorthodox family member hunting styles but it’s like 2 days a year and we enjoy being together!!

I am looking forward to some late season bow hunting.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Resized_20221201_172212.jpg
cool hunt but bittersweet. I put a stalk on this buck he was laying on the top edge of a coverless ditch middle of the day. Did some belly crawling around the bends and got to 75yds away. Once i was in range i slipped up the bank to lay prone with most of my body still in the ditch i waited for twenty mins and could have shot him the whole time . I knew something was in the bottom. Iwas hoping the monster that i had a 1/2mile across the road was in it with a doe. Id had enough and was ready. I started making alot of loud deer noises to the best of my ability snort wheezes grunts and such. He stood up started coming to me. He had a gimp in his back leg as he was coming at me so i dropped him. After seeing wounded deer running around here this week i told myself i wouldnt let one go injured if i came across such a deer. After the shot a doe bolted from the bottom. Hes got a small healing up gash in his lower leg near his tendon or else his leg was just fuckin asleep..ill peel him out tonight to investigate and clean some carnage from a 450 round....would have been a great year to hold a tag but my heart said shoot! Haha

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
View attachment 167378cool hunt but bittersweet. I put a stalk on this buck he was laying on the top edge of a coverless ditch middle of the day. Did some belly crawling around the bends and got to 75yds away. Once i was in range i slipped up the bank to lay prone with most of my body still in the ditch i waited for twenty mins and could have shot him the whole time . I knew something was in the bottom. Iwas hoping the monster that i had a 1/2mile across the road was in it with a doe. Id had enough and was ready. I started making alot of loud deer noises to the best of my ability snort wheezes grunts and such. He stood up started coming to me. He had a gimp in his back leg as he was coming at me so i dropped him. After seeing wounded deer running around here this week i told myself i wouldnt let one go injured if i came across such a deer. After the shot a doe bolted from the bottom. Hes got a small healing up gash in his lower leg near his tendon or else his leg was just fuckin asleep..ill peel him out tonight to investigate and clean some carnage from a 450 round....would have been a great year to hold a tag but my heart said shoot! Haha
I applaud you for that bro, well done

Reactions: Bowkills and Mike