Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Phase two: 3-D Season

Kaiser878

ohio
With the end of deer season rapidly approaching it is time to start thinking about phase two! For me, that means 3-D season. This coming sunday begins my year! I am heading down to Zanesville to shoot an indoor 3-D course. I beleive the place is calledl ike T&K archery or something. If anyone is in or lives in that area, come on over and shoot a little.

Do many people plan on shooting 3-D this year? I am awaiting the arrival of my new bow. This year I will be shooting the Hoyt Alpha elite for 3-D. I am anxious to get my hands on it and get it set up for shooting. What does everyones 3-D set up include?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i plan on taking my nephew to quite a few this year to get him started. he just got a mission craze for christmas...that dam santa is a stand up feller:smiley_bril:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
my fire for all things to do with bows seems to be dwindling. I am going to try skipping out on 3D shoots, or even shooting an excessive amount in the back yard... Ive wasted a lot of time shooting over the years!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
oh come on brock.....you really wanna miss shane fallin apart? dang i will miss you bitchin about the chair guys:smiley_crocodile:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Milo, I'll prolly get over this funk. Fact is, I've been eating, breathing and shitting bows, arrows, and critters since the first of September. Burnt up nearly every free moment trying to kill a decent buck, and I may be getting a little fried. After thawing out after last night's hunt, I told KR I was done for the season. Then again, I know me better than that, and I'm thinking I could kill that ugly SOB tonight. :) I will admit, there is nothing any more fun that watching Shane come unglued, as I am sure he will say the same on the days I say "Fuck" before the arrow fully leaves the bow.:) Still, no way in hell I'm gonna invest the time I used to in shooting pointed sticks.... I don't think anyway.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
BTW...I'm carrying a pocket full of rocks this year. One of those bastards takes a seat, its gonna get uncomfortable for 'em! Some folks just need a reminder that we aren't playing at Apache like we do at Bedford!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This summer at the BEC gathering was the first time I've ever shot a 3D course. I have to say that it was a blast! I would really like to get into 3D this spring and summer but I'm not sure where to start. Anyone have any suggestions for shoots near Medina County?

I'll just be shooting my hunting bow for 3D... '10 Elite Z28... 29.5", 72 lbs yada yada yada...

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Zach- There is indoor 3d at Woodbury Outfitters in Coshocton on Fridays and Sundays... We shoot five spot on Thursday nights..If your ever in the area give me a hollar and we can get together.....I have been shooting my Triumph for five spot and just got my carbon matrix in the mail today that I will use for 3d...

Last edited:

Matt

Norton, OH
Wayne and jbrown, I shoot at wingfoot and also nelson ledges which is a cool place. Been meaning to hit up lost arrow as well, and I hear there is a nice place out at lake milton. We will have to get together and do some shooting. When I get to my computer I will post a few pics from last year.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wayne and jbrown, I shoot at wingfoot and also nelson ledges which is a cool place. Been meaning to hit up lost arrow as well, and I hear there is a nice place out at lake milton. We will have to get together and do some shooting. When I get to my computer I will post a few pics from last year.

Sounds awesome, Matt. I just did some poking around yesterday and am now thinking of joining IBO. I really think getting into the IBO shoots would be a lot of fun. Zach told me how awesome the Indoor Worlds at the IX Center was last year and I'd really like to give it a try.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was thinking of that too. The IBO's would be a blast....I wont travel to do the big shoots, but the IX center one would be a good time.

We should try to arrange somewhat of a get-together for that shoot at the IX Center. I don't know if you're allowed to pick who you shoot with, but if you can that would be pretty cool.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I need to check out the IBO web site and see how much it is to join and stuff then the fee for the shoot

Pretty sure IBO membership is like 30 bucks for a year, and kaiser told me the IX Center shoot was around 50 bucks to enter.

Kaiser878

ohio
The IX venter shoot is a great time! But be warned! They deal with no screwing around! IT is very fast paced with little time for anything but shooting. Once your on the line and worknig your way down, it is ridiculous how fast paced and hectic it gets! The targets are not in numerical order! Once you shoot your target, sometimes you have to walk to the opposite end of the line to shoot the next one! It is a riot!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The IX venter shoot is a great time! But be warned! They deal with no screwing around! IT is very fast paced with little time for anything but shooting. Once your on the line and worknig your way down, it is ridiculous how fast paced and hectic it gets! The targets are not in numerical order! Once you shoot your target, sometimes you have to walk to the opposite end of the line to shoot the next one! It is a riot!

Sounds awesome!

Matt

Norton, OH
I will pass on the IBO stuff. I just enjoy going out and goofing off with my friends. A lot of times we will step off to the sides and try to pick crazy shots through the trees.