Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Poacher busted

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
@Gern186 , a lot. He has 150 on our side of the road and has recently purchased another 300 or so on the other side. He’s got 2 20,000 bird chicken barns on the ground. Cleared a big pine plantation as soon as he bought it. It’s his, he can do what he needs to with it, but if he’s the reason there is nothing but 2 yr old bucks, every year, I’d like to put an end to that.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Pretty easy to make a call and drop a tip to law enforcement. If it’s he’s doing what you think he’s doing, he’s likely an idiot and would willingly shoot a robotic deer decoy without a lot of effort on enforcement’s part. Get him caught in the act. Otherwise, it’s just speculation. It sucks… but if it were me, I would try to get him caught sooner rather than later.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Pretty easy to make a call and drop a tip to law enforcement. If it’s he’s doing what you think he’s doing, he’s likely an idiot and would willingly shoot a robotic deer decoy without a lot of effort on enforcement’s part. Get him caught in the act. Otherwise, it’s just speculation. It sucks… but if it were me, I would try to get him caught sooner rather than later.
All that depends on the county officer as well. My county officer is notoriously burned out and does nothing. He knows it and owns it. Better believe our local poachers definitely know it for sure. If I would have called him regarding the deer this thread was started about, then this thread wouldn't even exist because no investigation would have ever occurred. Certainly some county officers are much better and actually do their job and kick ass.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have spoken with two neighboring landowners today. Combined, we are talking over 1200 acres. That includes my property, the lease and their ground. They both have food plots, crp, timber... everything a deer would want and need to survive. Between the three of us, there is one deer on trail cam that might be 130”. An 8 point. I would never have imagined it was that bad. You’d like to think I just have a property that big deer don’t like. Not the case. I can’t imagine anyone could be so blood thirsty to kill off all older age class deer on such a big area. Of all the places I hunt locally, this area has the best habitat. It’s just nuts.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
All that depends on the county officer as well. My county officer is notoriously burned out and does nothing. He knows it and owns it. Better believe our local poachers definitely know it for sure. If I would have called him regarding the deer this thread was started about, then this thread wouldn't even exist because no investigation would have ever occurred. Certainly some county officers are much better and actually do their job and kick ass.
Masons best buddy’s dad is the fella you reached out to. And you are 100 % right regarding our county officer. He is ready to retire and has been for a number of years I think.

1639773361110.png

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
This one isn't ohio, but wtf is wrong with this dude?! Ever wonder what happened to that buck you had all summer?
Scum-bucket piece of trash, a wife beater and that got him caught.

Reactions: Big_Holla