Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pole barn must haves...

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Looking great Clay!!

Zoning permit received yesterday, signed contract and put my $ down today. Added the 3 additional windows to the top. Fuckin giddy!
Screenshot_20230216_130910_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
@SNIPERBBB I have to agree. 16' walls will allow 14' doors. I'm thinking 12' wide minimum for my building if it is on an end. Have you priced insulated 12'x14' doors? Wow! Pricey. Hope @5Cent gets what he wants, but if he is waiting to add electric. . . I'm guessing the insulated door could be added later?

SNIPERBBB

Se ohio
@SNIPERBBB I have to agree. 16' walls will allow 14' doors. I'm thinking 12' wide minimum for my building if it is on an end. Have you priced insulated 12'x14' doors? Wow! Pricey. Hope @5Cent gets what he wants, but if he is waiting to add electric. . . I'm guessing the insulated door could be added later?
You could insulate a garage door later. Not sure what the cost difference would be. Of course with prices going up its likely to be cheaper to buy the door insulated now

Reactions: hickslawns

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You could insulate a garage door later. Not sure what the cost difference would be. Of course with prices going up its likely to be cheaper to buy the door insulated now
True. My buddy built one recently. He went full on Taj Mahal. $20-25k in 3" thick commercial grade doors. I agree with you though. There are ways to insulate later which would be adequate for 99% of us. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There's a place past lima that sells premade food grade 55gallon plastic barrels for rain water catch and release
There is a guy in Lima that sells them too. Probably find some closer if you lunch it up on FB. I have the number for The Barrel Guy here. We used to set up at shows with him. Known him 10-15yrs now.