Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Product Issues.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That is low. I thought we were done threatening to give Giles some cats for his barn.
tmp.gif

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Update.

Hyundai sent me a link to a form for reimbursement of repairs expenses. Catch is I have to take the vehicle to a Hyundai dealership for inspection of the repair before submitting it. Easy peasy, there's one here in town and it's just taillights. But I should get the $140 back.

Hefty never responded regarding the trash bags and their email stating a two day response timeline. Followed up on that today

Tacticam repaired the camera and sent it back to me. It only cost me shipping to send it to them. Turnaround was about a week and a half to include shipping both ways. They got it and had it back out to me the next day. I'll test it out today.

No response at all from outdoor edge except a box in the mail with a new knife.

1706803121684.png

Buckmaster

Portage
January 2023 I ordered a Competition Ruger 10/22 and a silencer. The Ruger showed up around May; the silencer was August arrival. After arrival I ordered a Bushnell Match Pro scope, rings, and accessories. Upon arrival I put it all together and cleaned it. Fast forward to mid January on a 20 degree day…my son and I quickly sight it in at 27 yards. Shooting 10 shot dime size groups. Close enough (shoot farther when warmer). I squirrel hunted with it the past 2 weekends and it shot 25 squirrels in all. I think I have a keeper gun. I’m shooting Eley subsonic with a silencer. Only problem is…if I pull the magazine and pull back on the bolt the live shell won’t eject. I either have to shoot it out or take a cleaning rod and drive it out from muzzle to action to remove the live bullet from the chamber. Not to safe in my opinion. Today at 9:30 am I call Ruger customer service for tips, advice, and support. Their pre-recorded message said all lines are busy…”please call back later or leave a message”. I opted for leaving a message. Now 5pm, I’m still awaiting my call back. After dropping a lot of coin on this gun I’m thinking I should have some priority. I’m not feeling too good as yet about today’s customer service. The saga will continue on Monday.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
So with our new build we have new appliances. Including a GE profile refrigerator.

(this all happened a week or so ago)

My wife comes home and finds the freezer drawer to be not frozen. She doesn't think she or the kids left it open so she pulled all the stuff from it and called the store we bought from (430ish on a Friday).

Evidently it has some special dual compressor that they don't work on so they refer her to GE (and it's under warranty). GE product support sets her up with an appointment with someone on Monday between 8-12. I'm actually off the day so i day I'll stay around the house to get it done.

Monday rolls around and at 11:30 i text my wife to get the number of the place because i haven't heard anything. I call them and get some lady/receptionist.

She first feels me no one is scheduled for our area. So i tell her that's not what GE told us and i am off work for this. Then she finds my wife's name and says they called her and my wife supposedly picked up and hung up on them. I say that's unlikely but possible because she is at work, but did they try again in case it was on accident. "No, if you hang up we're done and won't try to call back", and i ask how we're supposed to know that and she snapped back that its their policy. I ask if it is written anywhere on their website so i can see it and she snaps back no, they don't have a website. I then ask how anyone would know this and she tells me it's common courtesy and she doesn't like my attitude and i shouldn't be rude to her because I'll end up on the do not service list. I reply that I haven't yet begun to get rude, just asking but the day is young, I'm taking time off work and not happy that GE schedules them and it appears you don't care. She hung up.

I called my wife and she said she had been in meetings all morning with no calls that she picked up.

My wife then noticed she had a few missed spam calls with a spam voice-mail. She listens to it and it was them (lie #1). She then calls them and is told that i cussed the receptionist out and was using the f bomb every other word and that the entire office could hear me screaming at her. She put us on the do not service last because she was scared for the safety of their staff. My wife asked for the recording of the call but she wouldn't give it because that was between the owner and her.

I in the meantime was leaving a nice Google review and saw that I'm not the only one that had had issues. I will not deny that i can be an asshole but i was in my polite yet firm style, not even raising my voice or anything in the first call. I save that for when i actually need to make an impression.
Screenshot_20240205_104212_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240205_104219_Google.jpg

So it appears they are the only "OEM" warranty people in our area. The freezer has been working fine since prior to all this excitement so unsure if user error or if actual issue.

Suggestions if we need warranty work?
I'm only buying from places that will actually service the products from now on is my solution.

Buckmaster

Portage
I contacted Ruger once again this morning. I actually got ahold of Bonnie in customer service on my first try today. She recommends a through cleaning and try to shoot it again. If the ejector problem still persists to call her back for an RMA and prepare to send it back for Ruger analysis. This gun shoots like a dream. I read don’t want to send it back. Ruger recommends CCI mini mags.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I contacted Ruger once again this morning. I actually got ahold of Bonnie in customer service on my first try today. She recommends a through cleaning and try to shoot it again. If the ejector problem still persists to call her back for an RMA and prepare to send it back for Ruger analysis. This gun shoots like a dream. I read don’t want to send it back. Ruger recommends CCI mini mags.
I have a Kidd barrel on my 10/22. Due to the tighter chamber (for accuracy) they suggest that if you have extraction issues to also replace the extractor (https://www.kiddinnovativedesign.com/KIDD-Extractor_p_13.html ). It wasn't easy but wasn't horrible to install as i recall (been quite a while). Definitely had a more aggressive angle than the stock one for catching the rim.

Mini mags are higher pressure and velocity and that's why they probably recommend them but ime they aren't the most accurate.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Anyone found (@5Cent) a dishwashing soap dispenser that works longer than a year? Seems the $20 ones from the big box stores don’t…… They’ll start to lose their prime, them just quit working all together…..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So with our new build we have new appliances. Including a GE profile refrigerator.

(this all happened a week or so ago)

My wife comes home and finds the freezer drawer to be not frozen. She doesn't think she or the kids left it open so she pulled all the stuff from it and called the store we bought from (430ish on a Friday).

Evidently it has some special dual compressor that they don't work on so they refer her to GE (and it's under warranty). GE product support sets her up with an appointment with someone on Monday between 8-12. I'm actually off the day so i day I'll stay around the house to get it done.

Monday rolls around and at 11:30 i text my wife to get the number of the place because i haven't heard anything. I call them and get some lady/receptionist.

She first feels me no one is scheduled for our area. So i tell her that's not what GE told us and i am off work for this. Then she finds my wife's name and says they called her and my wife supposedly picked up and hung up on them. I say that's unlikely but possible because she is at work, but did they try again in case it was on accident. "No, if you hang up we're done and won't try to call back", and i ask how we're supposed to know that and she snapped back that its their policy. I ask if it is written anywhere on their website so i can see it and she snaps back no, they don't have a website. I then ask how anyone would know this and she tells me it's common courtesy and she doesn't like my attitude and i shouldn't be rude to her because I'll end up on the do not service list. I reply that I haven't yet begun to get rude, just asking but the day is young, I'm taking time off work and not happy that GE schedules them and it appears you don't care. She hung up.

I called my wife and she said she had been in meetings all morning with no calls that she picked up.

My wife then noticed she had a few missed spam calls with a spam voice-mail. She listens to it and it was them (lie #1). She then calls them and is told that i cussed the receptionist out and was using the f bomb every other word and that the entire office could hear me screaming at her. She put us on the do not service last because she was scared for the safety of their staff. My wife asked for the recording of the call but she wouldn't give it because that was between the owner and her.

I in the meantime was leaving a nice Google review and saw that I'm not the only one that had had issues. I will not deny that i can be an asshole but i was in my polite yet firm style, not even raising my voice or anything in the first call. I save that for when i actually need to make an impression.
View attachment 191423View attachment 191424

So it appears they are the only "OEM" warranty people in our area. The freezer has been working fine since prior to all this excitement so unsure if user error or if actual issue.

Suggestions if we need warranty work?
I'm only buying from places that will actually service the products from now on is my solution.

Sounds like the appliance repair place I had to deal with regarding a dishwasher that was under a home warranty. The first company they contracted with sent out a straight-up meth head. Come to find out they were all meth heads. They came out and ordered parts. Couldn't get them back on the phone for a month. They finally came out to install the parts. I knew the problem was the exhaust fan motor. $250 part, but a home warranty claim was $50. He tried to install a heating element and spray arm, but no fan. 🤣 I reopened the claim and said it wasn't fixed. They scheduled another company and after a week I didn't hear from them. Finally, get the guy on the phone and he schedules an appointment, but never shows up. The HW company contacts him and he calls me and comes out, yep another meth head. The last I ever saw of the guy, no callbacks, voicemail full etc.. The third company they scheduled never called to set up the appointment. Come to find out they lost their business license over a year earlier. The HW company eventually just bought a replacement from Lowes and had them install it. The whole ordeal took 7 months. 🤣 but I did get a new dishwasher because of a $250 part.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Anyone found (@5Cent) a dishwashing soap dispenser that works longer than a year? Seems the $20 ones from the big box stores don’t…… They’ll start to lose their prime, them just quit working all together…..

Buy one from Amazon named shinzen or Changi, SunLife, HappyGood or whatever other Chinese bullshit name. I can't guarantee it'll last longer, but i guarantee you won't pay 400% markup for the same shit. 🤣 To be honest though it probably will last longer because they didn't have to meet a ridiculousy low price per unit demand by a giant corporation to maximize shareholder returns. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: "J"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Still no response to Hefty after submitting their website contact form on 1/23 and following up to the confirmation email of reciept last week. So like a youngster I took to Twitter and posted on their page. Instant reply asking me to DM them. 🙄

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Buy one from Amazon named shinzen or Changi, SunLife, HappyGood or whatever other Chinese bullshit name. I can't guarantee it'll last longer, but i guarantee you won't pay 400% markup for the same shit. 🤣 To be honest though it probably will last longer because they didn't have to meet a ridiculousy low price per unit demand by a giant corporation to maximize shareholder returns. 🤣
Well, went with the $9 Chinese pos and the fit wasn’t the best, threads didn’t quite match up, but it’s plastic and it screwed together 😂
Will say it pumps a lot better then the last one did, and it’s warranted for year, and not just for the finish….

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well, went with the $9 Chinese pos and the fit wasn’t the best, threads didn’t quite match up, but it’s plastic and it screwed together 😂
Will say it pumps a lot better then the last one did, and it’s warranted for year, and not just for the finish….

You have to do the direct to bottle mod that I did. :ROFLMAO:

20240207_080633.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Still no response to Hefty after submitting their website contact form on 1/23 and following up to the confirmation email of reciept last week. So like a youngster I took to Twitter and posted on their page. Instant reply asking me to DM them. 🙄

The Twitter DM resulted in a cookie cutter message of a feigned apology and a link to the contact form on their website which I filled out on 1/23 with no response 🙄

Today 16 days after the initial email promising a 2 day response I received an email Notify me that I should receive a replacement coupon within fourteen to twenty one days. They also asked for the inbox number on the box which I provided them In the body of the message I sent in the contact form as well as the u p c. Fucking idiots.

Reactions: Big_Holla

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Design to Value...it's the new thing. The bags value is in holding the trash. Most ppl likely see that value met and wouldn't pursue quality issues of the drawstring. Hope that coupon gets ya back in the game with some working drawstrings!