Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Quality crossbow 2

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Was that thing dry fired the weekend Garrett and I hunted with you guys? Or maybe you had just dry fired it and shared that story with me. I can't remember but I do recall shooting it. I think Garrett carried it the last hunt because we noticed delaminating limbs on his crossbow.

I second Excalibur. We ended up buying one for Garrett after having issues with his Horton. Not sure the model but it is basic. Stick, string, safety, and a trigger. Shoots around 315-320 fps if I remember right. Grizzly 320 maybe? Never messed with their micros.
No. It was a couple weeks after you guys were down. The weekend you were here was the weekend that deer came in the first time.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
download.jpeg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I have spent the last 3 weeks doing PT on my left shoulder. It finally got bad enough that I went to see a doctor. He is treating it for tendinitis and bursitis first and then looking into rotator cuff if that doesn't help. So far the pain level is way down and the range of movement is coming back...not that I have EVER had much flexibility. I'm going to give it a couple weeks and then get the compound out and see what happens. If it's like most other recent seasons it will feel like everything is coming apart. I will need to make a decision by the end of July.

I have spent the last 3 weeks doing PT on my left shoulder. It finally got bad enough that I went to see a doctor. He is treating it for tendinitis and bursitis first and then looking into rotator cuff if that doesn't help. So far the pain level is way down and the range of movement is coming back...not that I have EVER had much flexibility. I'm going to give it a couple weeks and then get the compound out and see what happens. If it's like most other recent seasons it will feel like everything is coming apart. I will need to make a decision by the end of July.
Get that MRI done and make sure it isn't torn before they keep putting you through the wringer. Kid on the HS team went through all that PT and the dad finally said fugg it, got the MRI and found he had a tear. Missed the whole season because they kept trying to re-hab when it needed surgery.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Get that MRI done and make sure it isn't torn before they keep putting you through the wringer. Kid on the HS team went through all that PT and the dad finally said fugg it, got the MRI and found he had a tear. Missed the whole season because they kept trying to re-hab when it needed surgery.
NO!!!!!! lol it’s honestly the best it has felt in years. That might be the cortisone talking. I can do all my day to day and work- life stuff right now. The last thing I want to do is have a surgery. It’s either going to be a yes or no as to whether or not I can shoot a compound effectively and consistently. If I can then I will use it again this season. If I can’t it’s time to make the change.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
NO!!!!!! lol it’s honestly the best it has felt in years. That might be the cortisone talking. I can do all my day to day and work- life stuff right now. The last thing I want to do is have a surgery. It’s either going to be a yes or no as to whether or not I can shoot a compound effectively and consistently. If I can then I will use it again this season. If I can’t it’s time to make the change.
Used too get tendinitis bad in the elbow. Add carpal tunnel issues too the same side. Yeah that’s a bad combo. Did a cortisone shot one time for the elbow. Ended up in PT for 6 weeks because of that shot. Took away the pain, and it felt great. So breath put a roof on the house…. Then the elbow was toast… Be careful with those shots…

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on an Excalibur Suppressor 400TD. It’s just not fun to shoot the compound with pain so I won’t practice like I should. This thing is a wicked weapon. Extremely fast. I’ve only shot it at 20 yards so far. I Should have time this weekend to play with it. The Tact-100 scope is amazing.
8640C60B-2BFE-49F2-ACAC-AD90A15F1C32.jpeg

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Great to always have a back-up plan or new plan for the season, depending on how you look at it. Give that shoulder a rest and enjoy the season however it works out for you. Getting old sucks.
I am really struggling with accepting the fact that I’m getting old. The mind thinks I’m 20. The body says differently. The body is starting to win that battle.

Reactions: Big_Holla