Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
407EBFA0-3021-40FE-B0C9-94B7E3F5E823.jpeg

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
No doubt it'll be a record high temp for the opener.

HOT, HOT, HOT over the next six days down around my area.

A good cool front coming in a week from today.

That's when I'll be hitting the woods for sure with my bow.

SmartSelectImage_2019-09-26-15-52-44[1].png
SmartSelectImage_2019-09-26-15-53-37[1].png

Reactions: Isaacorps

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Meanwhile, in Montana
Historic September Snowstorm Will Bring Blizzard Conditions to Montana, Dumping Over a Foot of Snow

Wind gusts of 40 to 50 mph are likely at times, with gusts over 60 mph possible in some areas.

The strong wording from the NWS office in Great Falls, Montana, Wednesday morning was eye-opening.

"This early-season winter storm and/or blizzard has the potential to set a new benchmark for snow accumulations, cold temperatures and resulting impacts for parts of the northern Rockies and the Rocky Mountain Front," NWS-Great Falls wrote.

How Much Snow?
The heaviest snow totals are expected in parts of northern and central Montana, where over a foot of snow is probable. Some of these areas may see multiple feet of snow. Some heavy totals are also expected in other parts of central and western Montana, Idaho and higher elevations of northern and western Wyoming.

Some lower elevations could also see some accumulations of wet snow, particularly on grassy areas, in the northern High Plains of eastern Montana, northeastern Wyoming and perhaps the western Dakotas early next week. Accumulating snow is also expected in the Cascades of Washington and Oregon and high-plateau areas of the Great Basin from Oregon into Nevada, as well as the Sierra in California.

Early fall snowstorms are often destructive.

The combination of heavy, wet snow and strong winds this weekend will likely lead to widespread tree damage, power outages and blizzard conditions in parts of Montana, according to the NWS.

Travel in parts of central and western Montana, possibly into northwestern Wyoming, is likely to become dangerous, if not impossible, especially over mountain passes and in open areas where blizzard conditions could quickly reduce visibility. Road closures are likely in some of these areas.

Areas with enough snow to last a couple of days will experience melting during the day which will freeze into ice at nice, making for slippery roads and sidewalks in some places, according to NWS-Missoula.

NWS-Great Falls compared the potential of this snowstorm to another storm in late September 1934, which produced over a foot of heavy, wet snow in both Cut Bank and Great Falls, Montana, and over 6 inches of snow in Helena, Montana.

Source link - https://weather.com/forecast/region...tember-blizzard-montana-northern-rockies-snow