Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
7B944AD7-6C35-4BB6-B1C6-1195AE98AC25.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Mike and 5Cent

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Facebook amateur meteorologists should be shot. I've seen predictions as high as 29" for our area. Our local weather guys have yet to predict inches. Weather channel app has 12-25" forecast and has had it this high since 5-6 days out from the storm. With snow, you get an idea a few days out on inches and adjust as it gets closer. Totally irresponsible of weather channel to induce panic.

Fort Wayne ABC21 guy posted a plausible outcome tonight on Facebook. Even so, he added plenty of cautious words such as "we will know more as it gets closer" or "this can still wobble north or south seriously changing inch totals." He added disclaimers with reasons why.

Either way. . . Sounds like I'm in for a dandy. Two day storm in two waves. Going to be a long duration event. We have plans for equipment, operators, fuel, and even a staging area for cots, sleeping bags, food, and supplies within one of the plazas we maintain. Hopefully we won't need to use them. BUT. . .if the 2-3' of snow predictions happen we could have guys stranded. You just can't get around with trucks in 2' of snow. Got to leave them on location to plow every few inches so they can keep up.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Facebook amateur meteorologists should be shot. I've seen predictions as high as 29" for our area. Our local weather guys have yet to predict inches. Weather channel app has 12-25" forecast and has had it this high since 5-6 days out from the storm. With snow, you get an idea a few days out on inches and adjust as it gets closer. Totally irresponsible of weather channel to induce panic.

Fort Wayne ABC21 guy posted a plausible outcome tonight on Facebook. Even so, he added plenty of cautious words such as "we will know more as it gets closer" or "this can still wobble north or south seriously changing inch totals." He added disclaimers with reasons why.

Either way. . . Sounds like I'm in for a dandy. Two day storm in two waves. Going to be a long duration event. We have plans for equipment, operators, fuel, and even a staging area for cots, sleeping bags, food, and supplies within one of the plazas we maintain. Hopefully we won't need to use them. BUT. . .if the 2-3' of snow predictions happen we could have guys stranded. You just can't get around with trucks in 2' of snow. Got to leave them on location to plow every few inches so they can keep up.
Yep 3 to 23 inches is what ive heard. Good luck plowing sounds drawn out so you have a better chance of keeping up vs one big 2ft overnight dump.

Reactions: hickslawns

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Thursday around here in Southern Ohio is gonna be quite precarious if this forecast is accurate. Taking one of my generators to a family member today and get them prepared. Good chance that my new one will get its workout if we do get a half to an inch of ice on everything.

Anyways, if you're gonna be in the same boat, try to be safe!

SmartSelect_20220201-090458_DuckDuckGo.jpg
SmartSelect_20220201-090545_DuckDuckGo.jpg
SmartSelect_20220201-090702_DuckDuckGo.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I’d rather have the heavy snow amounts over the ice ANYDAY!!!!! Our little 120 house circuit area of Duke seems to be effected every high wind or freezing rain event! Pisses me off that they continue to just spot and fix instead of fixing the potential problems in the entire circuit so us paying customers aren’t constantly losing power during these weather events. We have many trees within a mile radius leaning on the lines….🙄😐