Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This is right at the entrance to our park. That boat you see is a 29 foot center console pro line. It is my neighbor behind me. The wind blew it out of his driveway and down the street into someone else’s yard.

The other picture is up on 776 in Manasota Beach Road

:oops: Crazy man. A little light humor, if you need roofing aluminum it looks like you have a selection, as long as meth head Larry the scrapper and his cousin don't get to it first.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The lack of water in the Gulf is incredible. Hard to imagine how angry Mother Nature must be to have that effect on things!

I was 14 in Mobile when Hurrican Opal hit Pensacola in 1995. It was a cat 5 but lost steam and made landfall as a cat 3. I remember going out to the Mobile bay with my grandfather and all the water was gone as far as I could see. It was the strangest feeling to stand there and try to wrap my mind around that volume of water being sucked out to sea. Almost terrifying actually.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I was 14 in Mobile when Hurrican Opal hit Pensacola in 1995. It was a cat 5 but lost steam and made landfall as a cat 3. I remember going out to the Mobile bay with my grandfather and all the water was gone as far as I could see. It was the strangest feeling to stand there and try to wrap my mind around that volume of water being sucked out to sea. Almost terrifying actually.
The scary part is when it comes back! And at what speed!

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
@"J" looks like it is going to go right over you
FF39CA5C-1F84-4693-BC3B-DF8337000F9F.jpeg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Little over 3" of rain so far, no damage there are some trees down across the road not far from the house. @"J" you doing ok ?
Just getting up, still dark out. After coffee Bristol and I are going on a walkabout…

Edit: Let the dogs out and walked around the yard, 3” as well. One of the neighbors trees are down.it had three branches off of the main trunk. Lost one last year. Apparently one this year. I’ll go cut it up for him here shortly.

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
The very latest message out of Port Charlotte, Fl this morning from my youngest brother.

"I think it will be weeks before power comes back. Bridges collapsed as well yesterday. Boats destroyed in Marinas. 2 main roads are blocked so now we are stuck. We were loading van yesterday to try to go camping further north but not sure we can get out. Drinking bottled water reserves. I don't think power line trucks can even move now. I thought the worst is over but maybe not. We see what happens today.🧡🙏"

signal-2022-10-01-07-34-28-000.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just got back from our walk. Lots of leaves and twigs all over the place. Driveway is all intact. We had a sink hole starting up on top next too a culvert. Heavy equipment going over it seemed too have caused it. Filled it in with chink rock and it held until last night. Now it’s back, but not as deep or as bad. That’s about it so far. I’ll wait until the neighbor gets home from work and give him a hand cleaning up his tree that’s down.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
The very latest message out of Port Charlotte, Fl this morning from my youngest brother.

"I think it will be weeks before power comes back. Bridges collapsed as well yesterday. Boats destroyed in Marinas. 2 main roads are blocked so now we are stuck. We were loading van yesterday to try to go camping further north but not sure we can get out. Drinking bottled water reserves. I don't think power line trucks can even move now. I thought the worst is over but maybe not. We see what happens today.🧡🙏"

View attachment 162679

The latest text.

"Camping in the front yard"

signal-2022-10-01-11-42-09-000.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
The latest text.

"Camping in the front yard"

View attachment 162711

This will be my last update here on this thread regarding hurricane 'IAN', and all the devastation. If anything else significant comes up in the future with respect to my brother trying to 'get the heck out of dodge' down there, then I'll share that information in my hunt journal going forward, thanks!

Russ texted these photographs to me just moments ago with no message.

signal-2022-10-01-14-24-11-000.jpg
signal-2022-10-01-14-23-03-000.jpg

Reactions: Hedgelj