Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Redclouds Journal

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I told you wjat I'd do, when you see someone else parked out there, put the bow away, get the.22 out and hunt squirrels till dark.

I have about 2 1/2 boxes of 12ga shells leftover. I will use that ;)

Think I might go sit and shoot at some tree rats next weekend. Want to go? I have plenty of shells lol.

Oh, and get your fur tag so we can chase some coons too.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Screw the 22's, is be packing 12 gauge like Adam suggests.....and chipmunks are fair game as well!

Dang fellas! Sorry to hear this crap!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Dante is pulling his stands later this week and I will be pulling mine soon as well. Then we are going to have a talk with the daughter and grandson of the owner and explain what the issue is and why we are pulling out of there.

Tree stand removal complete. they wanna hunt my spots, have at it. better bring a climber though.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Was looking forward to getting out this morning since it is the only time this weekend I can hunt. I just couldn't get myself to go out the door to hit the woods. Said screw this, and went back to bed.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Went and pulled my cams out of the woods. Couple decent bucks, a 3 turkey, coon, and of course the local yote.

Also seen a new maroon colored F-150 parked out there. Just tally up the people that makes 7 so far plus Dave an I. I am done. Pulling stands next weekend since I don't have time to do it this weekend. Will have 6 stands to sell here soon so keep an eye out. Might even toss in my 2 SpyPoint IR-6 cams. Not sure on the cams yet.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Man that sucks Adam. Just getting caught up on your journal here & I can understand the frustration. Hope something turns around for you guys.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sorry to hear man. Not to be a dick but what stands are you selling? I have a set of 20ft sticks and no stand to go with it.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Dont sell anything yet. We will be on a mission this summer to find some better hunting spots. I always said I would never pay for permission or a lease, but its getting to a point where the checkbook might have to be involved.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sorry to hear man. Not to be a dick but what stands are you selling? I have a set of 20ft sticks and no stand to go with it.

There are Two River's Edge stands with the cinch strap that are in great shape, another river's edge that could use some paint, and it has a hole in the seat, and a big Remington stand that is real nice, but the chipmunks got ahold of it also. These 4 stands I got from Fluteman last year and never put but one of them in the woods and that was loaned to Dante for this season. I think he sat in it for a couple hunts. I also have a couple other stands that are out in the woods until next weekend. One is a Big Dog stand I got from Hicks. I think it's a Beagle 2 and one I got from Wal-Mart a few years ago that has a pretty good size platform. I think it was one of the gorilla hang ons but not sure of the model right off hand.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I will also have an old climber to sell. It works fine but is huge lol. Would work if you had a property that you could haul it in and leave on the tree.
I use to do this at the one property I hunt and worked just fine and if I wanted to move to a different spot I could without having to lug it in 1/2 mile lol. It has shoulder straps and isn't bad to carry as I also did that at Strouds last year with the hills.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just cleaning house Mike. No need for all those stands when I don't plan on hitting it as hard. No reason to try and put that much effort since we have all this traffic in and out. The deer are nocturnal or pushex to no hunting properties.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yes it does, Adam. And that is one reason I HATE cams! :) The good part of cams; you know he's there, he'll be there again eventually!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you truly want to sell the stands, shoot me a PM. i will probably buy them all if the price is right. Seems the price was right when Fluteman was selling them. Honestly hope you change your mind. I hate to read this. I like the tenacity Dave is showing. "Screw this property. Let's find others!"