Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rgecko23's Trail Cam pics

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I am going to be posting up more, but its kind of tough for me since I dont have the internet at home.

I loaded a couple of pics to photobucket from my phone and figured I would post em up for you guys.

I was pretty pumped sunday when I went and checked the camera. Pumped is really not explaining it. I left this farm alone last year cause of how tough I thought it was to hunt. But with the help of some of you guys on here I have confidence in it and I will be putting many evenings in at this farm. I put my camera at the top middle of thie hill. The farmer left about 25 yards in between the woods and the corn...... PERFECT!!

So I found a hard trail and put the mineral block out. I think he just found it cause all of my pics are for the last 3 days. I hope he hangs around for a while cause hes #1 on my hit list this year!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Nice buck!! He doesn't seem camera shy as the last pic looks to be during shooting hours, so hopefully he sticks around until the opener! Not sure on age though, I'm not real good at guessing age, especially this time of year, but I would shoot him for sure! Good luck!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
He is a nice one that's for sure.

If you miss and hit the trees can I have a crack at him lmao.

I know you can knock him down if he steps out buddy. Good luck !!!!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
age wise I am guessing 2.5 to 3.5......around low 130's. His G2's are pretty impressive and he has some decent brows..I could be way off though, i'm not very good at that stuff

He isn't camera shy at all. I have both day and night time pics. problem is, getting in there in the morning would be way too hard without busting everything out of the fields/corn.
All my morning pics are around 6:30am, evening are around 7:00-8:00

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I hope you get an opportunity to fling an arrow at him this fall Wayne. I also hope he is standing in the middle of a mowed field when you get your opportunity, cause chances are if he is in the woods when you shoot, your arrow will find a tree. Roflmao

Just sayin'...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Rooting for you Wayne! I hope you get a chance at him or maybe another one similar or better!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I agree with him being a 2.5 yr. old but I'm thinking mid 120's though. Those mass and beam length issues that most 2.5 year old 8 pts have always seem to keep them right at or just below 125". He's a candidate IMO, but STILL a great looking deer and I will also be pulling for you TOO in taking him down this fall. He would be a great first buck for anybody! Goodluck

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I agree with him being a 2.5 yr. old but I'm thinking mid 120's though. Those mass and beam length issues that most 2.5 year old 8 pts have always seem to keep them right at or just below 125". He's a candidate IMO, but STILL a great looking deer and I will also be pulling for you TOO in taking him down this fall. He would be a great first buck for anybody! Goodluck

After looking at the pics, I agree. He actually has a twin running around there, and there is another good one in there too...