Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ricers 2013-2014 Hunting Haps and Mishaps

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hey y'all. Kinda off subject but just wanted to let ya know I got a Facebook page up and going now if ya wanna check it out. Don Rice

Maybe you can part with your bag phone now as well? Lmao

Will try to look you up later. Busy busy today.

Nice buck selection you found!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry Don, I'm not a FB'er. Send me texts or pm's anytime though buddy!

My wife calls this site, my "Facebook"! I wonder if she's trying to tell me something!lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I get the same thing from my wife. I tease her about living on FB and hear "Ahem. . . .and TOO doesn't suck all your spare time?" lmao

Ricer2231

I was gonna pull my cards and put fresh apples out for the second time tomorrow after work but I think I am gonna hold off until Sunday afternoon because of the temp.drop over the next couple days. What do you guys think, is it worth the wait? Do ya think it will make a difference?

Sorry posted in the wrong thread. It's early!

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I was gonna pull my cards and put fresh apples out for the second time tomorrow after work but I think I am gonna hold off until Sunday afternoon because of the temp.drop over the next couple days. What do you guys think, is it worth the wait? Do ya think it will make a difference?

Sorry posted in the wrong thread. It's early!

There's suppose to be rain today around noon, can you get out and do it then? I fully expect to see deer on their feet and moving this weekend, so if I couldn't make it out today, I would hold off for a week or so. Wait until you can slip in on a good rainy day!

Ricer2231

Well I didn't make it in before or after the rain because it didn't rain here. So I am gonna slip in and out Sunday. I can get into the apple cam by walking right up the creek all the way and the hilltop cam i can get to by walking through a cut alfalfa field so I won't be leaving much scent anyway.
Made it out tonight for some apple picking up and got about 150# total. That's counting the 10# of nice ones I got for me TOO eat and 10# for my mom and dad. (I will probably get a pie out of those or at least an apple streusel) ;)
This tree is really loaded still, as you can see from the pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379038866.989678.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379038880.731992.jpg

Last edited:

Ricer2231

I pulled the two cards today and no bigguns. Does and coons. Damn coons are cleaning the apples up before the deer have a chance to get them. One picture I had showed five coons all in a row marching towards my apple pile. Looked like a whole infantry topping the hill!! Little fuggers! 142 pictures total from two cameras, 12 of me, 20 of does and fawns and 110 of coons!