Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sand Ridge Outfitters

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Back to the original topic though, it takes a hell of man to bring people down to his place and into deer camp, put them on deer, hunting out of his stands, my hats off to you Jesse!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Back to the original topic though, it takes a hell of man to bring people down to his place and into deer camp, put them on deer, hunting out of his stands, my hats off to you Jesse!

He just like looking at our ass.

Matt

Norton, OH
Jesse and Tracie are good people, and I feel honored to call them my friends. Jesse has opened his doors and his treestands to me the last, what? 3, 4 years? It's always a great time.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Jesse and Tracie are good people, and I feel honored to call them my friends. Jesse has opened his doors and his treestands to me the last, what? 3, 4 years? It's always a great time.

You are our most successful client! I think you've been down 3 years and killed 2 deer. Bought time for a buck!!!

Matt

Norton, OH
Yep, I am about due. I think you need to start using taller and stronger fencing so those big bucks don't get out of the pen anymore. :smiley_carnaval:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Jesse, I'm only an hour and a half away... or so... just sayin.

I used to head down your way annually for a softball tournament at them fields right along 77 in Marietta.

We have a lot in common. I too can be in WVa in 5 minutes. Weirton, WVa here.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You still have my stand hung at the top of the hill between the field edge and the finger that runs downhill? You kill / see anything from that one last year?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
You still have my stand hung at the top of the hill between the field edge and the finger that runs downhill? You kill / see anything from that one last year?

That's the stand where Mikey killed his buck last year. I moved it south to the edge of the flat this year. Better location. We've left it go since I hung it. The farm is basically fresh and so is my rents place. Hell, everything I have is fresh right now!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's the stand where Mikey killed his buck last year. I moved it south to the edge of the flat this year. Better location. We've left it go since I hung it. The farm is basically fresh and so is my rents place. Hell, everything I have is fresh right now!!!

Dang... And Mikey never even sent me a thank you for picking that spot out on the topo for him.. Dang... LOL... What size buck deers did he shoot? Got a Prickture?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Dang... And Mikey never even sent me a thank you for picking that spot out on the topo for him.. Dang... LOL... What size buck deers did he shoot? Got a Prickture?

It's the one Tucky posted earlier in the thread. Nothing huge, but for a guy who bought a non-resident tag for 3 days of hunting, you take what you can get!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's the one Tucky posted earlier in the thread. Nothing huge, but for a guy who bought a non-resident tag for 3 days of hunting, you take what you can get!

Well Shazam. Heck of a deal... :) I just know there had to be a bigger one in there. By the looks of it on the topo it looked like a killer ambush spot.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Well Shazam. Heck of a deal... :) I just know there had to be a bigger one in there. By the looks of it on the topo it looked like a killer ambush spot.

It is. Just need them to be cruising for it to work. Since we don't hold a lot of deer, you need to catch the bucks passing through us from one thick property to the west, to the thick one to the east. It's a great pinch point right there...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
They fellas had a good hunt yesterday. Randy slept in. Joel decoyed in a 6-point that walked past Mikey around 9. Randy got skunked last night. Joel saw the same 6 and 3-4 does. Mikey saw 3 does. No good shots, but some deer in bow range.

Randy has seen 4-5 deer this morning and Joel has deer approaching his location as I type. Not sure about Mikey. So far, the hunting has been decent in terms of sightings...