Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scope for a muzzleloader

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What power?

2X7
3A2CE307-18D9-4570-A5B0-11B367212B92.jpeg
AFA95457-BD44-485F-8341-91E007B2E8C0.jpeg

PSE13

Shelby
You may only look through it a dozen times a year but I've learned the hard way that "cheap" is not the way to go on a scope.
If you plan, budget and pay for a good one that has a life time warranty, you'll never have to buy another one for that gun again.

Consider Vortex

I have a 3-9x40 Vortex Diamondback on my 45-70 and love it! Maybe I’ll check out those crossfires that was mentioned below!

Reactions: CJD3 and giles

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
If you have one, I’m surprised you would ever ask about anything else!
If that 45-70 hasen’t proven it can handle big booms, I don’t know what would.

Best of luck this season!

PSE13

Shelby
If you have one, I’m surprised you would ever ask about anything else!
If that 45-70 hasen’t proven it can handle big booms, I don’t know what would.

Best of luck this season!

Thanks and best of luck to you as well! I had accumulated enough Cabela’s gift cards last year that I only paid $20 cash out of pocket for it [emoji23]

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Solid input from our senior guys. I put a lot of faith into the words spoken by Lundy, CJD, J, and Giles. I agree with them on this subject.

Call Optics Planet. Speak to an operator. Tell them what you are looking for and what your budget is. I have found them quite knowledgeable and happy to help. More than once they have guided me to a scope I hadn't even noticed on their website.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Went and looked at this one at Cabela’s today. Wow. That bad boy will be sitting atop my Marlin before gun season. I couldn’t believe the clarity 😳

I had a leupold 2x7 on my savage 220. I liked it. The crossfire is just as clear as the leupold was. Says a lot.

Reactions: Isaacorps

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just figured I’d update everyone. Just ordered a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 through my buddy tonight. Got it for $99 plus shipping. Thanks for all the input fellas!
Let us know how it works out. Love my vortex glass.

I ended up putting the Nikon inline XR 3-9×40 with the BDC. This will be the 1st season with it so we shall see what happens.