Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shooting my recurve

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1411585658447.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411585674049.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411585702703.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411585718654.jpgMan what a beautiful day out.I shot alot this week and have switched up and been shooting out of a treestand behind the barn and just picking out tufts of grass and weeds to shoot at and really enjoy this better than shooting at targets all day.I actually shoot better this way.Like Milo said ..switch it up and do different things I really enjoy shooting out of the stand.Have also been practicing a ton on 30 yds and am finally getting there the bag target is one of my groups at 30. The treestand group is 25 yds. Well its been a fun summer of shooting and next time I chime in hopefully it will be with a picture of my first deer with a recurve. Thanks again to Milo and Taylor for their tips to help me along in this new journey.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Good luck on your journey boarhead. You have worked hard and will be tested this fall.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck buddy! Feels great when it goes right, and you've put the work in to make it happen!

Diablo54

Outside
Pick a spot bend at the waist keep your bow arm up. It's not hard.....lol. Good luck! Are you bringing your bow to strouds?

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks guys it has been a lot of fun and Taylor if I am able to make it down to strouds I will bring the widow with me. Wasnt planning on hunting just hanging out with everyone but might bring the old 16 ga and shoot some squirrels. Will just depend on if my neice comes down to hunt the farm that weekend.
Now my question for all of you trad guys out there how long or many years did it take for you to get your first deer with your recurves or longbows?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Second year, October 17th of 92. Missed a real nice buck while still hunting in 91 - at 15 yards!:)

Diablo54

Outside
Thanks guys it has been a lot of fun and Taylor if I am able to make it down to strouds I will bring the widow with me. Wasnt planning on hunting just hanging out with everyone but might bring the old 16 ga and shoot some squirrels. Will just depend on if my neice comes down to hunt the farm that weekend.
Now my question for all of you trad guys out there how long or many years did it take for you to get your first deer with your recurves or longbows?

1 month.