Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sitka gear

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Plus it makes you unreasonably handsome 😉
8AFC34E3-0E0F-49AA-81B6-F58B8E6A089D.gif

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Get on Sitka website. There are first responder/military discounts. Awaiting word if the discharge papers the Ohio National Guard issues are sufficient. I have requested a DD214 before and they sent a copy of the Ohio papers again. Sorry for being the bastard child of the military. Hopefully Sitka honors it.

Worth looking into if you are prior (or current) military or first responder status. Looked like it was a fairly significant discount.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Get on Sitka website. There are first responder/military discounts. Awaiting word if the discharge papers the Ohio National Guard issues are sufficient. I have requested a DD214 before and they sent a copy of the Ohio papers again. Sorry for being the bastard child of the military. Hopefully Sitka honors it.

Worth looking into if you are prior (or current) military or first responder status. Looked like it was a fairly significant discount.
First Lite does this as well. It's a very nice discount!

Left field

Worth looking into if you are prior (or current) military or first responder status. Looked like it was a fairly significant discount. Veteran is veteran ,you served (y)

Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I bought some on discount. Later paid full price for the pants, might have been on sale. Had a friend of a friend that’s on the pro staff and get 50% off. Bought more. I personally love the stuff, very expensive and it’s built for layering. Plan on buying more also.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Update: for whatever reason I was not issued a DD214. Upon requesting it, they sent a copy of what I already had. Sitka website didn't leave optimism for me. Pretty much said if you don't have a DD214 we can't help you out.

Fast forward: I sent what I had to Sitka and they approved it. That is appreciated. I gave them 9.5yrs, then gave another dozen as volunteer FF and EMT. Might have all been part time but I did over 20yrs service to my country/community in one form or another. Very cool of them to honor it. . . . So I placed an order today. It is a substantial discount if you are prior military/first responder

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Before my moose hunt this fall I broke down and bought some Kuiu gear. Specifically the Yukon rain coat and rain pants. They were extremely comfortable and I found myself putting them on even when it wasn’t raining. We were also constantly pushing through the bush and they held up perfectly. Seems to be lots of quality gear out there now.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Update: for whatever reason I was not issued a DD214. Upon requesting it, they sent a copy of what I already had. Sitka website didn't leave optimism for me. Pretty much said if you don't have a DD214 we can't help you out.

Fast forward: I sent what I had to Sitka and they approved it. That is appreciated. I gave them 9.5yrs, then gave another dozen as volunteer FF and EMT. Might have all been part time but I did over 20yrs service to my country/community in one form or another. Very cool of them to honor it. . . . So I placed an order today. It is a substantial discount if you are prior military/first responder
What was the discount, Phil?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You should qualify too Triple_deuce. You have experience being in awkward/uncomfortable situations for long time periods and laugh about it later to keep your sanity. Err. . .I mean, you're a fire fighter too. 🤣

Isaacorps

Columbus
I’ve been kicking around switching to technical gear and retiring my potpourri mix of crappy apparel for a while. I decided after the end of season to commit to doing it. After researching ad nauseam the pros, cons, and differences between Sitka and First Lite, I finally landed on First Lite. Not that I think I could’ve made a wrong choice but their stuff seems to fit my needs and style best. I really like that their stuff is largely merino based as well. I got the confirmation email approving for their Pro Program entitling me to 15% off as a government employee. That will certainly lessen some of the stress on the old pocketbook lol. I’m looking forward to building my system and putting it through some real world testing.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I’ve been kicking around switching to technical gear and retiring my potpourri mix of crappy apparel for a while. I decided after the end of season to commit to doing it. After researching ad nauseam the pros, cons, and differences between Sitka and First Lite, I finally landed on First Lite. Not that I think I could’ve made a wrong choice but their stuff seems to fit my needs and style best. I really like that their stuff is largely merino based as well. I got the confirmation email approving for their Pro Program entitling me to 15% off as a government employee. That will certainly lessen some of the stress on the old pocketbook lol. I’m looking forward to building my system and putting it through some real world testing.
I doubt you will have an regrets man. I love all of First Lites baselayers. I just hope their outerwear is up to snuff as well. Goretex is pretty tough to beat for wind and waterproofing!