Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Something Strange

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not up near the muck JB...If it was I would know it was good stuff straight from Mexico lol.

It's on private property I hunt here in the county and borders some pretty much abandoned city property. I'm not sure if it is one of the landowners tenets that he rents the other 2 houses out to or one of the other locals from the trailor court out here in the country lol. The trailor court has had it's share of residents caught more then once growing plants down the road from them lol.

You think it will be harvested in the next few weeks Jack ? Something else that goes with my already stated worries is that I could be walking out of there from squirrel hunting, checking cams, or hanging a stand and with my luck the GW or a sheriff deputy would be passing along and stop to talk. The plants are only about 30' from the road for crying out loud lol. I can see them from the pull off now that I know where they are plus you can smell them if the wind blows just right lol. I just think that would cause too much BS and drama to even be worth the deer on this property lol.

It will most certainly be gone by the end of the first week in October. First frost will be sometime between Sept 25th - Oct 5th. And it's harvested right after that unless it matures early and he buds start to turn amber.. The plants have buds but they look small, could be the strain, but more than likely it's just a rookie who planted late. Hard to tell when they will harvest due to that.. But i would say the last week in Sept to the First week in Oct at the latest.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It will most certainly be gone by the end of the first week in October. First frost will be sometime between Sept 25th - Oct 5th. And it's harvested right after that unless it matures early and he buds start to turn amber.. The plants have buds but they look small, could be the strain, but more than likely it's just a rookie who planted late. Hard to tell when they will harvest due to that.. But i would say the last week in Sept to the First week in Oct at the latest.

They look small because they are staked to the ground to keep them the same hight as the surrounding vegetation. They bent the plants over and coat hangered them down to the ground. Pretty smart SOB if ya ask me but a lazy SOB at the same time lol..he needed to move them further from the road lol.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
He was talking about the actual bud, not the plant. The plants may be large but the bud is where the money is at.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'm not skeered! Give me the location and I will split the profit :smiley_breakdance:

About twenty years ago I was being a kid and playing in our creek. I stumbled upon a spot all cleared with funny looking plants like my brother drew in his notebooks. I figured out what it was, pulled a bunch a leaves off of it, dryed them, and proceeded to smoke them. Talk about a headache from hell! Told my Dad about them and he called the Sheriff. 60 plants in total and a bag of seeds in a sealed container. Boy was the neighbor pissed. He tried to play it off but we could tell. Bastard shoulda kept it on his property.

Beentown

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm not skeered! Give me the location and I will split the profit :smiley_breakdance:

About twenty years ago I was being a kid and playing in our creek. I stumbled upon a spot all cleared with funny looking plants like my brother drew in his notebooks. I figured out what it was, pulled a bunch a leaves off of it, dryed them, and proceeded to smoke them. Talk about a headache from hell! Told my Dad about them and he called the Sheriff. 60 plants in total and a bag of seeds in a sealed container. Boy was the neighbor pissed. He tried to play it off but we could tell. Bastard shoulda kept it on his property.

Beentown

HAHAHA!!! Industrious little fugger, just didn't see that one coming!!! :D

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
HAHAHA!!! Industrious little fugger, just didn't see that one coming!!! :D

I didn't see that one coming either lol. I guess if I think about it just about everybody has sampled it one time or another. Some on here might have had to sample it a few more times then others to find out if they liked it or not and others might be token a hog leg daily IDK lol. I don't care what people do in their own homes or in their past time just as long as it doesn't effect my family or myself. I'm not going to lie...back in high school at the parties..it was there and I smoked it. I got done with high school and and got busy with life and never had time for it or the friends of mine that smoked it and have had no desire to smoke it since. Like I said, I'm not passing judgment on anybody and how they choose to live life. They will have Somebody else to answer to for it one of these days and the issue will be delt with then :D.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm from the school of: God made weed. Man made beer. Who do you trust? :D LMAO!!! ;)

It's just a shame society and the wife don't approve. I'd rather smoke than drink, but the beer will have to do!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm from the school of: God made weed. Man made beer. Who do you trust? :D LMAO!!! ;)

It's just a shame society and the wife don't approve. I'd rather smoke than drink, but the beer will have to do!

And you can't tell me a carpenter especially one wearing sandals and hair like that has never smoke it LMAO :D.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
And you can't tell me a carpenter especially one wearing sandals and hair like that has never smoke it LMAO :D.

HAHAHAHA!!! Damn straight. I never knew a carpenter that didn't partake! Certainly never any painters!!! I had some characters come in when I worked for Sherwin-Williams. Had one guy try to fire up a hooter in the store one day. I about pissed my pants I was laughing so hard! :D

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
HAHAHAHA!!! Damn straight. I never knew a carpenter that didn't partake! Certainly never any painters!!! I had some characters come in when I worked for Sherwin-Williams. Had one guy try to fire up a hooter in the store one day. I about pissed my pants I was laughing so hard! :D

I worked construction in Columbus for 2 years and was in the construction business for awhile before and after that. I have seen some good ones over the years. In Columbus we had people cleaning out the bowls on our electrical wires lol. I was on the electrical finish crew and we would go in and find residue all over the ends of the wires. Walked in more then once to a group of guys in the apartment complex we did standing there token. From what I seen on those job sites I don't think there was one trade that didn't have people lighting it up. It is a toss up one what trade was the worst about it though lol.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I worked construction in Columbus for 2 years and was in the construction business for awhile before and after that. I have seen some good ones over the years. In Columbus we had people cleaning out the bowls on our electrical wires lol. I was on the electrical finish crew and we would go in and find residue all over the ends of the wires. Walked in more then once to a group of guys in the apartment complex we did standing there token. From what I seen on those job sites I don't think there was one trade that didn't have people lighting it up. It is a toss up one what trade was the worst about it though lol.

I hear that! I built houses and worked electrical work during summers in college. Built fence for a while too. I burnt my share of brain cells working with some of those guys!!! :D

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
So.. are we talking a "controlled burn" situation here for the good of the forest? lol

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country

I'm right there with ya 1023. Lord knows I have had my fair share of this herb. I think that everyone is allotted so much of a good thing during their lifetime. I went through my life's worth in about 15 years. One thing I know about myself is I have a very addictive personality. When I find something I like it is very easy for an addiction to set in. (DEER HUNTING being prime example) And boy did I like the herb. I even ventured into the agricultural side for my personal benefits for a time period.

Life is full of seasons and that season has come and passed. Sure do have some funny memories, and I am sure there are some funny ones I don't remember too.:p

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
RC- Jacks answer makes sense. Call it in. It'll be gone by deer season either way. I would hate to see a good hunting area this fall be lost due to a problem today.
That's what I would do especially if the fuzz is already watching this patch and question you as you're in the area just checking your cams,scouting or tree rat huntin'.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

HAHAHAAH I tell people that all the time.. Career painters are either always drunk or stoned.. After painting and repainting the interior of the house. I know why..

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm right there with ya 1023. Lord knows I have had my fair share of this herb. I think that everyone is allotted so much of a good thing during their lifetime. I went through my life's worth in about 15 years. One thing I know about myself is I have a very addictive personality. When I find something I like it is very easy for an addiction to set in. (DEER HUNTING being prime example) And boy did I like the herb. I even ventured into the agricultural side for my personal benefits for a time period.

Life is full of seasons and that season has come and passed. Sure do have some funny memories, and I am sure there are some funny ones I don't remember too.:p

I'd have never pegged you for such shenanigans Steve! I figure the same goes for me as well!!! Never had a hangover from smoking too much!!! :D