Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

SOO cam pic thread

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Thanks for sharing Dave. Looks like you know where the big boys are runnin, but I guess you would have TOO beings your the outfitter. lol

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Good gracious man, those are some hawgs! My favorite is the first pic you posted. Thanks for posting these.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Dave, how much land do you guys manage? Do you own or lease the land you have? Is it all adjoining property, or spaced out? How many trail cams do you guys run? Just curious. You guys have a ton of nice bucks, and if you get that many pics every week, you gotta be running a ton of cameras and have a ton of land.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
OMG Dave! Thats just flat out impressive! I bet your done early every year.... I TOO would like to know if you manage or own land? I just drove down your way today and Im headed back tomorrow to the 1500 property I just got in KY right acorss the river.

So. Ohio Outfitters

Dave, how much land do you guys manage? Do you own or lease the land you have? Is it all adjoining property, or spaced out? How many trail cams do you guys run? Just curious. You guys have a ton of nice bucks, and if you get that many pics every week, you gotta be running a ton of cameras and have a ton of land.

We have approx 10,000 acres, 99% of it I lease, however, I do own some, and am in the process of buying around a 1000 of it, however, that's easier said than done with the banks the way the are now days. Most of what I have had been managed to some extent before I got it.....HOWEVER, ever year we are seeing a drastic difference in not only the quality of the bucks, but the size, and junk on the horns.....the key difference, the amount of minerals we put out....I was always told by one guide in particular that they didn't start to see junk on their bucks till they used minerals, well, now after 4 years of minerals we are starting to see some crazy stuff growing, seems to be the minerals working. The majority of it is adjoining to some extent, but then we have some 500 acre farms that aren't to far away from the adjoining farms.....there might be areas of 100 to 200 acres in some areas that seperate our properties but nothing major. we run a little over 50 cams, which actually isn't enough, but they will do for now until next year, and then I will buy 25 to 30 more.....I pretty much have to employ at least one guide full time through out the summer months just to keep up with the cameras..........rutin, this ain't nothing, this is just SOME out of the first file....we have several files and we keep them all seperated....also, rutin.......I usually dont tag out early because I target 2 or 3 bucks and I pass alot that most of my buddies would shoot. I passed on around 16 bucks last year not counting all the 2.5 to 3.5 year olds that I seen

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That's awesome Dave. Glad you can do what you love to do the majority if the year. It would be awesome to be a part of what you all do as outfitters. It has to be a satisfying feeling to be able to put a client on nice deer consistently. Keep up the good work!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here I thought going through anywhere from 700-1000 pics was a lot...Geesh

That is a lot JD. However, you aren't trying to satisfy customers like Dave is. You only need to keep yourself happy.:smiley_crocodile:

So. Ohio Outfitters

That is a lot JD. However, you aren't trying to satisfy customers like Dave is. You only need to keep yourself happy.:smiley_crocodile:

very true statement......we have to go above and beyond because customers have such high expectations....some's expectations are too high, being they would be better suited in a high fence operation and some's expectations are appropriate. For you looking at a 1000 yourself, is very good, and I know from seeing your pics in the past you have a good thing going

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I can't even please myself this year. Joe keeps wondering where all the big boys are supposedly at???

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I can't even please myself this year. Joe keeps wondering where all the big boys are supposedly at???

I've seen plenty of big boys... What you're having a hard time finding is "DEAR GOD JD! THAT'S FUGGIN RIDICULOUS!!!"