Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Still Holding......

Fletch

Supporting Member
Made the trip out to Illinois last week and found a whopping 3 sheds... Not for a lack of bucks as we had a ton survive the season... Just got this pic sent via a Spartan camera out there... Unreal...

image.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yea, crazy man. I’ve been seeing a handful of bucks still carrying locally, but nothing like that one. These are all dink 1.5 yr olds. The longest I’ve ever seen one carrying both sides was 5 or 6 years ago... had one walk by me on opening day of turkey season.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
If it wasn't an 18 hr. drive, I'd go back out first week of April...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Yet another buck visited that scrape this morning.. This Spartan camera died on us in Jan. And wasn't sending any pics.. When we were out there last week we found the antenna was broken off... Luckily I took a spare antenna with me.. Nice to have it up and running again... I guess they are still hitting that scrape...
image.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Get a better pic of that one in the back?
Dave... This camera sends pics to my friend and it's the only pic I got... My camera is home (where I got antenna from).... I'll put mine back out in the summer...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Looks like a doe to me Dave. With a bent over stick to the left side of her head.
But a good doe none the less!!! 😁
Ah... Yes our does are privileged as we don't shoot does.. Neighboring farm is a brown is down group, so they keep the doe herd thinned out...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Looks like everyone finally dropped their headgear as getting alot of deer on The Spartan with holes in their heads... I'd love to be out there now walking the farms...

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Wow, that's crazy. I havent check on tc in a month I think. Gonna check on it soon