Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stressless "Why do both Picture and Video captures ?" -> 153" Droptine harvest ... and more!

Stressless

Keene, OH
One of the better trailcam series captured of a red tailed hawk - spoiler in the last pic in the GIF...

Magnificent bird of prey. All fluffed up.

IMG_0158.JPG

He preened for about 30 mins... 31 pics 1 min apart/

IMG_0166.JPG

The best is the finally he gave for the feathered air show....
IMG_0171.JPG

A better view of the prize. Like Christmas every damn time Look thru pics...
IMG_0171hawknsqrl.JPG

Stressless

Keene, OH
Adding to this thread - some of the better videos collected around the farm from the season so far.

Two listed bucks Dutton and Herdstrom - Dutton pulls a acorn out of Herdstroms ear and they spar... very cool video.

Reactions: "J"

Stressless

Keene, OH
Been awhile since I posted up a good capture - while not a "TrailCam" the CampCam plays double duty as security and critter overwatch.

This one is of the suet feeder - we put the fat packs from the whitetails we butcher in the cage. Got a new species at the feeder this afternoon - Boss Bird at the feeder - everyone else moves aside. ;)

Stressless

Keene, OH
@giles - correct it's a 1x30 optical IPCAM that I can control. It does PTZ stable as a weapons system.

@triple_duece I only use the "Dark Ops" series - I use them as secondary security surveillance on the property and of course game cameras.

When you don't Escape & Evade when your faster cousins do...

You become lunch...
Feeding grounds.gif

Stressless

Keene, OH
Ruffed Grouse - 1' video. Cleaning up my phone and came across a great video. 2019, walking back from a morning bowhunting sit and I see a bird moving on the edge of the woods. I stop and slowly creep on him,,, well it's obvious (I'm not THAT good) he thinks I'm a big cow or deer or hairless monkey in camo that is solely there to kick up bugs for him to eat. We eyeball each other from like 5'-6' feet and I remember I have a phone to take a video.

This is the video and at times the phone is less than 1' from him. Great vocals on this bird - turn it up a little.

I could have reached out and tried to wring his neck for dinner but OMG he was so cute, when I walked away he stayed with me for 50-60'.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Well, here's a first for the farm - two bobcats - looks like apex feline predator love might be in the around the farm again.

I am honestly happy about it. I've found there is plenty of prey for all of us around the farm and with the way the golden acorns have been falling around the the last 7 or 8 years the rodents are running amok. If the Bobcats can repopulate, we can start harvesting them. Also I'm a OU alumni... What could be better?

Knowing they can raise a litter here on the fram and I might get a couple snaps or video of them frolicking. First confirmed litter on the farm - 2018. Momma leaving to the left and three kittens around the block.
MFDC2685.JPG

Stressless

Keene, OH
So on the 100 acre farm i have a 57 acre core area I don't go in Sep - Jan, unless there's game retrieval or some such. This camera in Beaver Bottom is at the center of it.

I set that camera up on 4 Feb about 2 hours prior to this video - It's 001 the first one it took .. Used some scent management - but not that much!

Stressless

Keene, OH
So I think this very cool, two years in a row American Red Fox have successfully had litters of kits within 100 yards of the house where I live.

This is the 7 kit litter from last year, they dug under my neighbors foundation for the den (I filled with quickcrete after the fox family moved out)

This is the den from this year in my 4 acre woods... 8 kits (I think) hard to count after momma calls them out... the 'end'ing is the shit! :ROFLMAO:

Fun to view fox behavoirs

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
So I think this very cool, two years in a row American Red Fox have successfully had litters of kits within 100 yards of the house where I live.

This is the 7 kit litter from last year, they dug under my neighbors foundation for the den (I filled with quickcrete after the fox family moved out)

This is the den from this year in my 4 acre woods... 8 kits (I think) hard to count after momma calls them out... the 'end'ing is the shit! :ROFLMAO:

Fun to view fox behavoirs
TOO COOL!!!!! Awesome footage and THANKS for sharing!👍🏻

Reactions: Stressless