Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Swamp People

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Anyone catch this show on History last night? I caught most of it but need to watch it on TiVo to view it all. It seems entertaining and interesting. Definitely something I would like to do.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I watched the show lastnight. It was a good show and just for the record..those people are crazy lol.

Tracie and I watched it last night. Kinda interesting, but not what I expected. I would like to see more on the entire culture and not just gator hunting. It's still a must watch for me though...

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
I wood like ta see sum o der womenz folk - dang ole grizzled cajun fuggars fuggn wif rotten chicken - bunch o crazy blastards - good show :smiley_clap:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Tracie and I watched it last night. Kinda interesting, but not what I expected. I would like to see more on the entire culture and not just gator hunting. It's still a must watch for me though...

I'm with ya on that. I would like to see more of the entire life experience. I will be watching more episodes to see if they expand into that portion later down the road.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'd recorded Swamp People and watched it last nite...friggin awesome!
Thank goodness...I'm hooked, will be watchin the whole thing.
Breath of fresh air after that fuggin TopShot debacle...that was horrible.
It sucked.
It sucked hard.
Biggest letdown ever.
Biggest wasted opportunity for a good show that I can think of.

Two thumbs up to Swamp People.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I'd recorded Swamp People and watched it last nite...friggin awesome!
Thank goodness...I'm hooked, will be watchin the whole thing.
Breath of fresh air after that fuggin TopShot debacle...that was horrible.
It sucked.
It sucked hard.
Biggest letdown ever.
Biggest wasted opportunity for a good show that I can think of.

Two thumbs up to Swamp People.

I agree, that Top Shot show was STUPID!!

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Since it was so fugging hot out I watched t.v. most of the day with the fan going. Caught most of swamp People, pretty good show. They caught a couple 12 footers.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Second episode was very interesting too....I gotta say that the dude who hunts alone has a screw loose. There is just SO much that could go wrong out there...and I don't see how he could handle one of them big 12ft jobs by himself...that's just crazy. The part where they were processing the gators was pretty cool too, I wish they'd shown some more the the skinning and been a little more graphic, but it's TV....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That show has me fix'n for some gator meat. Anyone know any leads to obtain some?

Back home in MS i do... Here in Ohio, No... Sucks because I know what you mean.. I'm not risking a lacy violation to have them send me some either. lol.... Back home ya can just go get it...

rrr

I have picked up watching this show, it's nice that they put the episodes online so that I can watch them when I get a chance. Pretty sweet.

Some of those things I'd want something bigger than a .22 for! Funny though, I caught an edit- I think it was two or three shows ago when they were trying to catch that gator that kept eating the other gators. They tried to shoot it in open water and showed the guy with a bolt action, scoped gun. Then they cut to the gator, back to the shooter, who is holding a lever action w/out a scope, boom, back to the gator, back to the shoot that's got the scoped bolt. Caught ya History Channel!

Capt