Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 1 - Full Penetration

ohio
Well here he is, not very old but Damn next year he will be something to write home about. He is there daily but these are the best pics I could get, they don't do him justice, he has double everything and only 2 1/2???

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353731074821.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353731074821.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 247
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353731093359.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353731093359.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 256

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Man, I hope he makes it and sticks around for you the chase next year. That is gonna be one heck of a buck!

ohio
He should, its at a new place I have to hunt all urban area and not many places he can go within a good distance, I rechecked my pics from earlier in the season and he has been there the whole time just never got good pics of him

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great to have one to look forward to next year!

I added a doe to our tally this morning. Last day the antlerless tags were allowed, so I went to a farm I don't hunt much and used one. :)

Attachments

• IMG-20121125-00537.jpg
    IMG-20121125-00537.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 254
ohio
Another one bites the dust! Got us a doe, was an awesome morning

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355317672396.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355317672396.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 265
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355317701789.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355317701789.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 245
ohio
Well as you all know its been a slllllooooowwww season for me, with everything that has been going on I took the day off and went to the woods, just before first light I hear steps crunching in the frost, eyes spread as far as I could see but nothing, keep hearing them coming out in front of me well the sun is starting to shed light and I see a big body going to my right and that glow of big antlers, he turns around and stands there, bear in mind I know its a buck but still to dark to tell which one, he senses something is up and white flags me gone, few seconds later I did a little stretch and get busted white flag going to my left, thinking shit this day is fuged I thought hell its almost daylight, they aren't going far so I stay sat, not a min later 2 does came in from behind me and walked to my left, no shot available, and just at daylight I see eyes looking at me, mature doe on high alert, doing the head bob trying to sike me out, its cold break looks like smoke in the air she skirts me from my left to my right the whole time keeping her eyes on me, but every second her eyes aren't on me my bow is getting pulled off the hanger and drawn back, she starts to bolt, tail high in the air one big gallop and stops, a deadly mistake, I let one fly, and hear the thud of a perfect shot. She crashes through some brush then silence, I wait my normal 20 min then get down and there is blood everywhere, on trees a constant trail thinking she is just up here, just up here! Just up here? ???? The blood is never ending and she is pumping out make it through the woods and to the small field, you can see the blood on the frost all the way across the field to the marsh, and there is where she laid. Old mature does have a will to live that's for sure

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
Finally got my buck scored for the contest today before I took him to the taxi. Just waiting for a "judges decision" on a couple things before I make the official post. The final score will fall between 74.75 and 76.75 depending on the decision.