Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

team 10

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Nib-shitter or a potential sneak-in....... That field is not mine (but is also no hunting at all)... I call them onto my property from there.

I hate to say it, but I need a rain day ~~ working during Turkey Season Blows!

Good Luck in the Morning Guys....... If it rains, I'll be trying to get a speeding ticket.......

Last edited:

rossbows

Good luck team. Im going out when i get home from work. Hope they talk today haven't heard one yet this week something better change lol. Youth weekend they where on fire but now that i can hunt nothing what the hell.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
That's how it always seems to work eh ross? Kind of like how it's always great weather..until season starts..then its cold as shit and windy. But hey, somethings gotta give. I ended up going back to bed this morning due to the lightning and wind. I'll be out friday..idc if theres a tornado.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I was out from about 8:40 until 12:00 in Coshocton. Never heard a peep! I set-up twice and waited about an hour in each spot just in case.... Did have a little excitement on the first cluck though. A hen exploded into flight about 10 ft from me... Scared the hell out of me..... She was nesting and I got a pic of her nest.

rossbows

The nest is cool that sucks they are nesting already. I have been out over 20hrs and haven't heard or seen a tom. Had them fired up on youth weekend i hope its the weather.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Was set up and ready at 5:45 this morning. Not one Peep was heard. Called in 2 hens but nothing in tow. Then a hen was feeding in the grapevines on the other side of the creek. Was about time to go, so I was mocking her calls....seen something black coming in.........@42 yds a black cat was sneaking in on my decoys:smiley_crocodile: My 20 ga 1100 Premiere holds a pretty good pattern with that Widowmaker Choke Tube.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Xbow- That sucks that you didnt hear any thismorning.

I got out at arouynd 7 and did som light calling and got set up on one. He was heading right to me down a logging road and stopped at 60 or so yards and turned and went down on a shelf to my right. He gobbled and strutted down there ..then left. Other than that, no major action.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
First time EVER I was in this spot and did not hear one gobble on the roost. Did hear one fly down about 150 yds from me......... Then a shotgun blast went off 300 yds away--about 15 min later. Heard 3 shots this morning...The last one shot 4 times! All were on different properties than mine.

rossbows

You guys heading out today? Im going out around eight hope they talk today. My dad was mowing around the fields yesterday and got off the tractor he heard one gobbling his head off going to try to find him.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Work called off cause chance of rain! Gonna head out shortly and give it another try.

The Gobbler across the street disappeared, I think someone off'd him. Not seen him in about 5 days.

Last edited:

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'm stuck inside a friggin school building or I would be out! :smiley_baby:. But i think Friday is Senior skip day so between friday and sunday at noon..a turkey atta hit the ground.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Hunted from 8:30 until noon....seen one hen and I jumped her in a swamp. No Mushrooms Either! But Boss just called and I'm off again tomorrow ~~ Dang I hate hunting and getting paid for it.

rossbows

Start the morning off good called a hen in but no tom with her. Moved to another spot got a tom a coming in off the neighbors property and some Jake ass was riding there four wheeler mushroom hunting no more bird. Man i was hot i just cant win.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
We're a sleeper team, we'll come alive here soon lol. I literally cant wait for this weekend. I'll be hunting friday, then hanging out with friends. Saturday i'll be out again and do some fishing/frog gigging that night. the sunday is the same.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Frog Season is not until the second Friday in June @ 6:00 PM. Just Sayin'

Did a dumb one today........ Called into a thicket on my way to the blind....Nothing. Started on back the tractor path and when I rounded the corner, he was coming in silent........ Done Deal!....... He did not want to see what I was up to. The 1.3 seconds I got to see him, he looks like a descent bird. Walked on back later on and they've been scratching a whole lot back there.........

16 yd shot in this spot... If I can get him back in, I believe I'm gonna Xbow him.

Last edited: