Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Lucky 13

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Way to go Team mate on a great buck. That will rack up the score for the team.
Frank

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The way to go teammates as Team 13 is in 1st Place. Looks like we need 3 more bucks to the score. I will do the best to add one myself.
Frank

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Took ZJ out tonight. Everything was perfect except the "Guest of Honor" didn't show up. Seen 2 does and a small buck~~Just not the biggun' we were looking for.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well I will hit again on Thursday for all day. I took off Tuesday to vote and to ship couple rifles I sold.
Then I took today off as I was too upset after the election results last night to sleep. Still can't believe there are that many stupid people around.
I had a flat tire on my tractor and had to fix that today and haul hay bales for the 2 cattle pastures. Then i put the grader box on the tractor and smoothed out the creek crossing for my golfcart. And helped the grandson trim some brush for this weekend. Everyone is going buck crazy here after I seen that monster buck on Sunday. I wish them luck.
I will take both the grandsons out on Youth Season weekend.
Frank

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Good Luck TOO You Frank! Your Big Moment is gettin' closer. I can just feel it.........

And I'm thinkin' Ol Beene is waitin' in the shadows to suprize everyone..............

Come to think about it.......Rossbow's been Xtra quiet lately....Hope that's a good thing!

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I did a all day today and nothing. At 6:55 three ran through so fast my trail camera didn't even get a picture.
Nothing all day then at 4:50PM 2 small fawns feed through till dark. I was hoping mama would drag in a buck but no show. Those fawns didn't weigh 30 lbs but they looked healthy. They might be the ones with the spots I got on the camera 3 weeks ago. No spots now.
Try again tommorrow.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What a day as I did a all day. Lucky 13 Team Member got bit in the butt today by #13 deer today.
I missed #13 deer of the day at 5:30PM a nice 18-20" 6-8 pt. At least it wasn't the monster I seen last Sunday. I guess it was just a little too much of a frontal shot but he had me pegged at 30 yds. I haven't found the arrow yet but there is no blood anywhere. I seen him leave the woods on a trail and nothing. I searched the whole bottom where he went and nothing so I am 100% sure it was a clean miss. Bummer.
I seen 13 deer all day
7 bucks and only one shooter the one I missed.
2 small fawns the one I see everyday in the woods and the spots are gone now.
3 deer in the brush and no ID
1 deer at 300 yds running across the neigbors corn field.

7:30 a 6-8 pt came in but way too small at 30 yds.
7:35 deer in brush no ID
8:00 the 2 fawns came out followed by a spike and a forkhorn at 30 yds.
8:30 a bigger forkhorn at 30 yds
9:00 a bigger forkhorn at 30 yds
10:15 2 deer in the brush at 30 yrds
10:30 deer running across the field at 300 yds
12:10 a 6 point but really thin antlers at 30 yds.

Then the buck I missed at 5:30

All 11 deer at 30 yds came out of the brush at the very same spot. In 20 yrs of hunting the woods I never had deer come at that spot. I guess the deer have established a new trail there.
I will do another all day tommorrow. I must say the Smoker sure works as not one deer scented me and scared out. And 9 of the deer went downwind of me.
Frank

Update. I just talked to the grandson. He was setup about 100 yds outside the woods on a fencerow. He seen 11 deer before leaving at noon. He left one get by him but it was one of the 6pts that came out of the woods. He tells me the 2 deer in the brush I seen was actually 3 small bucks chasing the little fawn.
He fell asleep and slept through the evening hunt. I had to break the news to him that the buck I missed came from his way.
OH well.
Frank

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Keep after it Frank. You've got it going on that's for sure. Got a feeling it gonna all come together for you soon. Diane and I are both rootin' for ya!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hey Team Members did you see that Rossbows got a buck today. That's 3 bucks for the team. I gotta to add a buck for the team.
Frank