Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 3 - Dirtnap

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Been out quite a few times and seeing lots of does,a few small bucks and one descent one this evening,had him at 10 yds lip curling and working a scrape.

Attachments

• 1031161753-1.jpg
    1031161753-1.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 288
  • 1031161757d.jpg
    1031161757d.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 277

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's awesome.
You grunting or hitting the horns yet?

Going out Wednesday morning and thought about trying it but never had much luck in the past calling.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good luck buddy.

Only seen a small spike yesterday morning. Didn't see anything yesterday evening. I think it was just to warm yesterday. Dante was in another stand a couple hundred yards away. He shot a buck at last light and we spent 4 hrs looking and only found blood right where we found the arrow. I went back this morning and could find anything after the rain. It's 800-1k yards for that buck to get out of the cut corn fields. I can tell you that he isn't in either of those 2 fields.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Dave is kind of getting use to this kind of story lol. I have to give him shit about it since this is the 3x lol. 2 bucks and a doe on the same property. I think he is going back out after he gets off work today to look more. He thinks he hit shoulder. Got a good 7-8" of penetration from looking at the arrow. Blood was bright red so I'm thinking he got 1 lung. Hard to say if it will be fatal or if the buck will just go on with the remaining lung.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Last buck he shot we found dead while shed hunting. I'm pretty sure where it ran to but waiting to hear back from another buddy that knows the landowner to see if it's ok to go look.

jeremy44230

Medina County
I'll be out for all day sits Friday through Monday. Depending on the action, I'll stay in the same stand all day or make some moves.

Hope this weather change will bring about some horny deer!!

jeremy44230

Medina County
Quick recap:

Friday - saw 6 bucks during the day. Shot mine around 10:00am. Could not find him Friday.

Saturday - hunted AM, saw 10 deer, 1 chase. Moved for afternoon spot. Things were slow and my gut said get down and look through the thick nasty stuff. Found my buck from Friday at 2:30pm.

Sunday - hunted AM with brother in law in hopes of filming a kill, we saw 2-3 small dinks.

Was off for tomorrow and thought about going with my father in law just to sit in the woods while he hunted, but temps are rising....

Thus upcoming weekend looks promising.

Good luck fellas!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Been hittin it hard,have come close on a few good ones chasing last week,either stopping behind stuff or just outta recurve range.
Last 4 or 5 days have been slow,lots of small bucks cruising but the big guys have hit lockdown and along with this full moon lots of night movement.
Gonna keep after them and hope i get a nice one to play the game and give me a good shot.
Good luck guys,
Congrats Jeremy.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Same here Brian. Bucks started chasing the beginning of the week and now only the little dinks wondering around. Waiting for the bigger boys to come off lock down and start cruising again.