Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #4 - Deerz & Beerz

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
This guy showed up. He will be mine if I ever see him in person.
[video=youtube;ecvBOhJOZCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecvBOhJOZCY[/video]

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I took my son out this morning in the double ladder stand and we saw the three pointer I want him to take (real ugly looking buck). Too bad he came in and went behind us. He had no clue we were there as he casually drank from the creek.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Work, weather, and fishing have kept me out of the woods and this weekend looks to be the same, windy as all get out all weekend long. I'm off on Monday and it looks to be a little better weather wise.

Not worried though, my plan this year with limited time in the stand was to not burnt out my spots in the first month. From 10/21-11/14 I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the woods and my stands are going to be fresh and the pressure low. Hoping this strategy pays off!

Derek j

Knox Co.
The boys and I are settled in for a ground blind hunt. This will be their first hunt of the year. Hoping I can get a slickhead tonight!

Derek j

Knox Co.
Well, we didn't see anything tonight except for one Groundhog at 30 yards. I told the boys if it got to the corn pile I would shoot it, but it never stepped out of the field edge. It's been 3 hunts since I have seen a deer, with all three days being windy, raining, or both. Hoping that is the reason for the lack of deer. I am heading to a new property this week. should be an interesting week of duck/goose in the morning, and deer in the evening. Hope everyone else has a good week!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Well it's time to flip the switch. As soon as the rain clears out I will be hitting the stand as much as I can. Hopefully my "no pressure early season" tactic pays off. May have waited a week or so too long for an early season doe tag fill, cause you never know what may be in tow this time of year.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Had a great Saturday morning hunt. It was more of an observation hunt. I saw seven different deer and one was a nice buck. I'll setup better next week. I think I have a good chance for getting one from this spot.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Skunked tonight on my first evening in the stand, but learned a lot on the walk out. A couple adjustments in the setup and I should be on them.

Posting more details in my hunting journal thread, but will keep this one up totonight date as well with a general recap.

Good luck to the rest of you guys that are getting out this week.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
That small deer that I want my son to shoot, only he's lost his right side.
[video=youtube;20jfGthsH3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jfGthsH3o[/video]

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I figured this scrape was worthy of sharing.

Attachments

• 1101111541.jpg
    1101111541.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 346