Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 7 - The Deflators

teej89

NE PA
Yeah I just got mine this evening online lol

My old man has been waiting for this day forever so we're gonna go hunt. I'm hoping he gets a shot tomorrow. Doe or buck.

nis1

Very eventful morning so far. Had a possum come by right as it was getting daylight, then a bunch of turkey's come off the roost right by us then two does and two fawns. No shooting yet but I'm glad we're having some action!

Last edited:

teej89

NE PA
Had an interesting morning. First time on this prop in the dark and got all turned around into the stand. 7:10 had a doe sneak in and bust me. Then at 8 I was full draw and a real jittery doe. Squeeze...... And bam she took off. No warnings. No sooner did I hear something behind me and a yote came up under my stand. Missed opportunity cuz of a yote. That's a first for me.

Then had a BB hang out around the stand for bout 20 minutes

bonemonger

kinsman ohio
Had 8 to10 different does and fawns in front of me Sunday in a spot that i didn't want to shoot one. Last night i was where i didn't mind shooting one and my top cam hit a limb and i missed. Not the way i wanted to start my season. Shot my bow today and everything seems fine.

nis1

I'm dying to be in the woods, spent all evening in class. I'll be out for a long sit on Friday evening in a stand I've been dyin to get into...assuming the wind participates....

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Good luck guys. I still haven't made it out yet. Been working to late. Hopefully make it out this weekend

teej89

NE PA
I was all pumped to hunt this weekend but the weather in athens is 50% chance of rain and 16MPH wind on saturday...

Sunday shouldn't be bad but it's still 12MPH wind.

nis1

Anyone been out? Was out this weekend in guernsey county with the girlfriend a couple times trying to get her first deer. Had a nice big lone doe come in on Sunday night about 15 yards away. Picked us out cause yours truly may have been moving around a little. Tried to wind us but never did. I had Sarah grab her bow after the doe went behind a tree but she ended up getting busted moving. Should have let the doe calm down for a bit first. Was cool to have one in close though. When we were leaving there was a little buck following a Doe and two fawns in the landowners front yard. I'll be hunting Stark County tomorrow evening and hopefully Friday morning and evening. It's the farm I hunt most often but I haven't made it out there to hunt yet this year. We'll be back on 'operation: Sarah's first deer' again on Saturday with the muzzleloader in hand.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I went out and sat with my buddy Sunday night. Seen a few but nothing close. I'm still looking for a shooter. Its not looking good this year...

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Went on my first hunt sunday evening, seen 7 deer..spike yearlings does and unidentified deer at dark. Hopefully get out again tomorrow evening. Just not enough time in the day.

nis1

Team, I'm unbelievably excited. I work at a camp in NE Ohio for most of the year. This place is 300 acres that's pretty much in a city, probly 200 acres of it is wooded. It is likely one of the largest single chunks of land within 5 miles. I shed hunted it this past year and saw well over 50 deer in a 3 hour period while just walking around and I have often heard stories from female coworkers about seeing "Bambi's dad" while on a hike with a group of kids. People pretty much stop coming to camp this time of year and today I got permission to hunt there and I'm so excited I just want to shout it to the world. I'll be there for my first sit tomorrow evening. Wish me luck!

teej89

NE PA
Team, I'm unbelievably excited. I work at a camp in NE Ohio for most of the year. This place is 300 acres that's pretty much in a city, probly 200 acres of it is wooded. It is likely one of the largest single chunks of land within 5 miles. I shed hunted it this past year and saw well over 50 deer in a 3 hour period while just walking around and I have often heard stories from female coworkers about seeing "Bambi's dad" while on a hike with a group of kids. People pretty much stop coming to camp this time of year and today I got permission to hunt there and I'm so excited I just want to shout it to the world. I'll be there for my first sit tomorrow evening. Wish me luck!

Awesome man! Best of luck.

nis1

I was out Wednesday at the property I was so excited about. Got there at 3:40, got all my gear and took 3 steps into the woods and a whole herd of deer took off. They were eating acorns and there were at least 10 does all together. It took me forever to find a tree to put my climber in, the woods I originally went into was much more mature than I had previously thought. After I was in the stand, all I saw was a coon, found a lot of rubs though, not on big trees but there were a series of small trees that were completely destroyed. I'm in a completely different area of the property tonight sitting on the edge of a swamp. It was a challenge getting in here, I had to make a bridge across the muckiest little creek I've ever come across. Looked shallow so I stuck one foot in slow and got almost to the top of my muck boot without fining anything even remotely solid. It's windier than I would like but I think it covered my noise getting in here.