Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 9 Check in

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Checking in for team 9. I am taking my son this weekend for both days of the youth season, hoping to get us on the board early.

Buckmaster

Portage
I saw two on my vacant lot this morning. Also had a red head out there on Saturday. They're hanging around fairly consistantly.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Hey guys. Checking in. I plan on taking a youth out Sunday. Then I will be at it Monday morning until I get it done. Gern good luck on #8!

Buckmaster

Portage
I had a jake standing in my driveway on my vacant lot today when I went to feed my fish some breakfast. That 3 out the last 4 mornings there were turkeys out there around 8 am in the same spot. Predictable!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Had one gobbling across the road just inside of the woods this morning. Good thing is, its my dads woods. Hope he hangs around for just a few days more..

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Well he has hung around... Went after him today.. Gobbled his head off on the ridge top... At least 40 times... Never heard him again after fly down... Must of went over the hill the other way.. I sat tight, didnt call and hoped Id win the 50/50, but of course he went the other way..

Today was my first morning out... The evening before opening day I was fighting off a sinus infection and my 7 month old was up in the night, so I slept in.. BIG MISTAKE... Saw a big old gobbler right out in front of my blind on the way to school at 8... Was hoping he did the same thing as yesterday but didnt.. I am going to try the other side of the hill and my dad is going to stay put on the nearside.. Hope he walks in front of one of us.. How is it going for you guys so far??

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
My son got a real nice bird Saturday morning at 7:25. I called this bird in from about 1/2 mile away and he shot him at 15 yards.

I passed on 3 jakes Tuesday morning and never had a tom to work on for 4 days straight. I hope to get out a little this weekend.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
had that longbeard ive been after at about 60 yds friday morning... skirted my jake mobile and hen... strutted, but didnt come in to run him off... thought i had him...

Mao

Coshocton, OH
427852_285098394918328_100002545105708_607726_1483385624_n.jpg

hey fellas, just wanted to let you guys know i smoked one this morning. good luck to you guys the rest of the way!