Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Adventures of Bo and Cole

OO2

In the Uplands
Will be in Ohio around 11 Nov if anyone is interested in giving wild bird hunting a try. May be able to get some shots on woodcock and pheasant.

would love to get some people introduced and interested in wild bird hunting as an alternative to “hunting” put and take birds.

Introducing new folks is the only way to keep wild birds on the landscape

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Will be in Ohio around 11 Nov if anyone is interested in giving wild bird hunting a try. May be able to get some shots on woodcock and pheasant.

would love to get some people introduced and interested in wild bird hunting as an alternative to “hunting” put and take birds.

Introducing new folks is the only way to keep wild birds on the landscape
@Kaleb21

OO2

In the Uplands
Sounds like you’ve got a good handle on them…. Good luck, Cole!
Thanks J!

Trying to get there with Ellie. Will probably have some growing pains with recall. Recalls great with collar in yard. Need to find a safe place where we can “lose” each other. If she’s anything like Bo all will be good after she loses me and find me again

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks J!

Trying to get there with Ellie. Will probably have some growing pains with recall. Recalls great with collar in yard. Need to find a safe place where we can “lose” each other. If she’s anything like Bo all will be good after she loses me and find me again
Used too love the hide and seek phase and watch their reactions 😂

Reactions: OO2 and giles

OO2

In the Uplands
If anyone has access to a copy of the Ohio Pheasant Range Revisited published by the ODNR 1 January 1987 I’d love to read it sometime. Thank you

OO2

In the Uplands
Does anyone have any experience with spreader loads? Now that the SxS is working good id like to be able to take it when weather permits.

I went to shoot sporting clays today and was able to break clays with it. But was thinking spreader loads may help full / x-tra full chokes perform more like IC & M

Reactions: tracker 6

OO2

In the Uplands
995A66A7-9F97-4E63-817A-0E8AF45E4171.jpeg

OO2

In the Uplands
Listening to the Hunting Dog Podcast this morning and thought I’d share this nugget. Probably the biggest takeaway I had from last year

“The best thing you can do when you get your first dog is to take it hunting and be quiet…the birds teach them everything they need to know…kinda like kids you gotta let them fumble through a few things.”