Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The good ole days of 10 limit walleye

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I just found this picture of a large stringer of walleye I pulled from the mighty maumee quite a few years back when the limit was 10 per day! Man that was a heavy stringer!

Do any of you guys remember pulling 10 fish out of there and carrying them across the island? Those were the days!

I will have to do some more digging and find more pictures from those days.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Some great eating there. I'd drive 3 hours west for a 10 limit per day.

At four, no thank you.

No kidding.....

I can remember when the limit was 10 how easy it seemed to get 4 fish......now that the limit is 4 it seems harder to catch them some days.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Ah the good old days. Those days are OVER forever. One of the stupidest things the ODNR ever did. The limits, if I remeber correctly, went 10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 4 , 3, 4, 4, 4, to current.
4.jpg1.jpg3.jpg2.jpg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Ahh yes, those were the days. Although I never had to cross the island to get them. They don't allow us straight guys over there on the gay side:smiley_bril: Damn Mike, some of those pics you are a little fella. Musta been before the wife put creatine in your corn flakes

FredT

SE Ohio
Is the limit 4 year round now or just in the spring like last year? I never got a limit of 6. I could do 5, but not 6.
Here are the guys who own the lake house behind mine from 2 seasons ago. They have a 26 foot boat.