Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The mineral site

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I went to take a look at my site I set up about a month ago and was pleased to see they are hitting it fairly well. I haven't applied the method Jesse talked about yet but this seems to work ok for now. What I did was get a mineral block at my local farm co-op and smashed a little over half of it back into powder form. I then worked the ground up and dumped the powdered minerals in and mixed it with the dirt. I left the other quarter of the block sitting there to drip into the dirt when it rains as well as allow them to lick it straight from the block if they choose to. I have a water source about 15 yards from this site so they can wash it all down when they are done :D.

Lots of tracks in the site as well as marks of pawing the ground and a few holes they seem to have been working over pretty good. Hang a cam back out there in a couple more weeks. Just need the turk and shroom hunters to wander off before I do lol.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Looks good! I have the same block and the area around the block is all dug up. Tasty mineral dirt.

Huckleberry Finn

Just need the turk and shroom hunters to wander off before I do lol.

When I walked into the woods the other week I noticed that it was looking pretty good!

Oh fugg...that makes me look bad!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
When I walked into the woods the other week I noticed that it was looking pretty good!

I think one of the trespassers seen it looking good TOO and set his tower stand about 50 yards off of it. Guess who got a nice little note on his stand. He has until July 2nd to move it or it becomes the landowners stand ;)