Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The New Bud Lite

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Screenshot_20230511-100129_Facebook.jpg

HA! Coors brought in Rip to show Bud Light how to make a commercial!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Ha. Way to piss in the eye of AB. This has nothing to do with supporting women or being apologetic for objectifying them in swimsuits in the 80s and 90s. Let's face it the vast majority of women (who aren't goblin trolls) don't give two shits. I don't know a single one mad that beer companies put women on towels and posters 30 years ago. 😅. It has everything to do with kicking AB while they're down by showing them how to support REAL women.

Left field

Ha. Way to piss in the eye of AB. This has nothing to do with supporting women or being apologetic for objectifying them in swimsuits in the 80s and 90s. Let's face it the vast majority of women (who aren't goblin trolls) don't give two shits. I don't know a single one mad that beer companies put women on towels and posters 30 years ago. 😅. It has everything to do with kicking AB while they're down by showing them how to support REAL women.
Very smart marketing

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Sometimes they get too smart for their own good. Most people I know will give that commercial a superficial watch and be disgusted by what looks to be more pandering and virtue signaling.

Edit: see @Clay Showalter post below. This was all about pandering and virtue signaling after all.

Last edited:

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County

Funny thing this ad is from March, it was for Women's history month, it is just getting talked about.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Stocks are basically a free fall for the past two weeks. They can't right the ship and investors are taking note. The first week of May saw the opportunistic buy/sell traders make a run at a quick cash grab but now it's tanking again. At this point even putting a bikini clad chick with two ARs on the can would be seen as pandering and actually hurt them more. I don;t see a clear way out. It seems like it's just a limbo game of how low will you go. That Q2 earnings call is gonna be a mother fucker.

1684274965382.png