Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Official Camper and Camping Thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
When he hit me with the old "that's the best we can do" and it was better than my "thought they would do" and "hoped they would do" scenarios, I was a happy man. OTD at 20% off MSRP and within $500 of the best price I could find, which was 800 miles away in Wisconsin. Wouldn't match it, but it was good enough. I think we broke budget by $15 a year.

I'm excited about getting my dad out for a couple of trips. He'll enjoy the time with his grandkids and finally getting some leisurely activities after a lifetime of work. At dinner we talked about likely trips and all the things the girls want to take with them. We're going to set it up on the basketball court this weekend and break it in!

Buckmaster

Portage
Very nice Jesse. My parents were both school teachers thus they had summers off. We spent a 15 year stretch of my childhood camping. Yes, it always rained. I fished daylight until dark and provided some quality camp meals for my family. Looking back...... 30 plus years later....some quality memories made.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's the type of memory I hope to create. Kaydence was reliving our trip to AEP this spring over dinner last night. "Still the best fish sticks I've ever had...", she said. Then when she realized we could stay at the fair, she really got pumped. 😂 Kenna wants to take it to papaw's, which is doable and since he lives on the river, we can take boat rides and fish, so that's pure paradise for both girls. 😎