Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The things you see on back roads

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
From my earlier post #91; the hill-side shot of the pad..
Here it is about 24 hours later and the derrick has been laid down. The cranes will then break down the derrick tower in 2-3 pieces to be loaded on a truck each and driven to the next pad. Most all the remaining drilling equipment will be gone in 48 hours.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
In the top of this 20 some foot, top broken off years ago Pine tree, A small Maple tree grows. Little guy has been there for 3-4 seasons.
Stay tuned...

Near by fallen comrade.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Yens ever see a flair on a rig?

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
This was a water tower that has been around since I was a kid. It is actually across the street from my wife, Laura's parents. Last summer they tore it down. They started with cutting a big hole at the bottom of the tower then burn a section and drop it down inside the tower and pull it out. We watched most of the day.

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

Huckleberry Finn

Always, stay safe brother!

Those water tower pics are cool. I got to watch one go up once, had never stopped to consider how they get built.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very cool pics Jim and Jeff! Thanks for learning me something about what you guys do! Very interesting stuff! Those rigs are HUGE!!!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
THIS is what 1.21 gigawatts looks like with out a flux capacitor to harness the power...

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That's awesome! You must of got lucky to snap the pic at just the right time. My phone has a really good camera also, I think its a 21mp, which was a big reason why I got it. I like taking random pictures of stuff while I'm out in the woods.