Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I can't use this fucking Apple phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Struggle fest. Had it for a week not sure if it has a flashlight I can't find it. Was 30mins late to work, not used to setting this alarm. I can't figure out how to turn text messages up and down it goes sideways no matter how you hold it swipe it or shake the damn thing. I can't get the fucker to ring....just not enjoying technology......
0C6FFDC0-DBC0-4C36-A2D9-004744CE4326.jpeg

Not sure what version you have, but on the bottom of the screen if you swipe it upwards it’ll show this. It’ll have a bunch of quick access buttons on it.
Actually once you get used too the functions it gets a lot easier too figure out.

Reactions: giles and Sgt Fury

Bowkills

Nw oh
View attachment 82683
Not sure what version you have, but on the bottom of the screen if you swipe it upwards it’ll show this. It’ll have a bunch of quick access buttons on it.
Actually once you get used too the functions it gets a lot easier too figure out.
thanks. Any solution on the text messages turning? so I don't have to hold the phone sideways to text?

Bowkills

Nw oh
This thing has a toggle switch for the ringer on the side. Don't people carry phones in your pockets? I think it muted on me Monday 1st day of work with it. Scrolled through the settings for a week b4 goggle last night. The text message issue resolved by closing the app, again had to google How to close an app on a iPhone. It seems u have to do a shitload of swiping compared to Samsung phones.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
This thing has a toggle switch for the ringer on the side. Don't people carry phones in your pockets? I think it muted on me Monday 1st day of work with it. Scrolled through the settings for a week b4 goggle last night. The text message issue resolved by closing the app, again had to google How to close an app on a iPhone. It seems u have to do a shitload of swiping compared to Samsung phones.
Apple has a learning curve but it is loaded with apps that you’ll love. Androids have the same learning curve. Only thing I hate about the iPhone is the constant requests to buy more storage for the cloud. Fuck the cloud! I’ll have to buckle down and google how to remove that from my settings when I get the time.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I got into the habit of closing all the apps after using them. Makes life easier and once you get into that rhythm it becomes second nature. Hard reset once every week or 2 and you’ll have very few issues. Make sure updates too the operating system are turned too automatic as well....

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Also, disable the location settings on your camera. If not, when you post a pic of that big buck you killed, people will be able to click on the pic and it’ll give the location from where the pic was taken. If it was on public land, you’ll have plenty of company in the woods the following season.😁

Reactions: giles

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Also, disable the location settings on your camera. If not, when you post a pic of that big buck you killed, people will be able to click on the pic and it’ll give the location from where the pic was taken. If it was on public land, you’ll have plenty of company in the woods the following season.😁
Good reminder right there. One of the things most overlook.