Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Last night we were coming back from hunting on the forewheeler, as we pulled in the edge of the driveway, a car went by laying on the horn. I threw my hand up like we're in the driveway WTF? The car turns round and comes back by and throws a water bottle at us. I yelled to come on back.... He turned around again came back by and threw another water bottle at us. I grabbed my pistol and tried to get him to come back to the driveway... He had went by 4 times total. Get up this morning with a brick on top of my truck. Then I see where he slammed it onto my hood ricochet into the windshield knocked out the glass and scratched the whole top of my truck. Funny thing is the way he used to turn around 2 doors down he knew it was there you would have to see it to understand but it's not a real visual thing.View attachment 139463
View attachment 139464View attachment 139465View attachment 139466
I always wanted to catch a punk doing some shit like this but probably a good thing I did not.

Fucking people are crazy man.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Could this have been done because of political bias or an anti-hunter PETA nutcase? Seems they’re the most loony and radical nut jobs alive these days.😳🙄

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Could this have been done because of political bias or an anti-hunter PETA nutcase? Seems they’re the most loony and radical nut jobs alive these days.😳🙄
Pretty much seemed to be somebody that was pissed off because we were riding the 4 Wheeler up the road even though we were pretty much in the driveway before he got a upon us.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not necessarily dump worthy. I was bummed to find one leg of the deer I killed had some nasty stuff going on. Front leg fortunately. Not gobs of meat lost. Nasty looking. Wasn't chancing it.

Attachments

• PXL_20211124_061727183.jpg
    PXL_20211124_061727183.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 97
  • PXL_20211124_060523739.jpg
    PXL_20211124_060523739.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 109

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Not necessarily dump worthy. I was bummed to find one leg of the deer I killed had some nasty stuff going on. Front leg fortunately. Not gobs of meat lost. Nasty looking. Wasn't chancing it.
Looks like my kids slimeball from the dollar store that I can't convince them to throw out

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Dude....if you cut those, you will evacuate the whole room. Absess like those are nasty! Used to see them on deer like every year when we were working commercially. One was half the size of a football And got hit by the saw....lol Our meatpacking girl threw up.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We have an old barbed wire fence that I finally broke down and and cut up into manageable sections.
My son and his family are up for thanksgiving. He gave me a hand loading the cut up wire. Last section I bent down to get a section off the ground. It was a little hung up and pulled on it and immediately felt a burning in the hamstring. Fugg!!!
So now I’m hobbling around like an old decrepit man…
Opening day of gun season around the corner. I may have too rethink my whole approach too it….

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

A property Alex and I hunted years ago had a young buck that looked like he had been drug 2 miles off public land. All lumpy and his hair all messed up and matted down. I could tell he was sick and hobbling around. I went out there with a bow a few times to shoot him but he never got close enough. The last day of season I went back out there with a rifle and put him down. He had a huge lump on his front shoulder and I pushed on it with my foot and a paint cans worth of puss like that came running out. He had another one on his hind quarter that was leaking. My God it stunk to high heaven. The neighboring farm had a farmer that liked to gut shoot deer with a 22 to let them run off and die. I'm guessing he had been shot a few times and was all infected.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
We have an old barbed wire fence that I finally broke down and and cut up into manageable sections.
My son and his family are up for thanksgiving. He gave me a hand loading the cut up wire. Last section I bent down to get a section off the ground. It was a little hung up and pulled on it and immediately felt a burning in the hamstring. Fugg!!!
So now I’m hobbling around like an old decrepit man…
Opening day of gun season around the corner. I may have too rethink my whole approach too it….
1CCB353D-8C13-47E7-929D-159A20D04B28.gif

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Been awol for a few weeks..Lisa and I came down with covid..it has been a rough ride,thought I may end up in the hospital. We are slowly getting better today being the first day we have ventured outside to go to the cemetary to see mom and dad's new headstone.
I know we don't want this covid crap again. Lisa is still a few days behind me but getting better.
They did a nice job on my parents stone.
Screenshot_20211226-155110_Gallery.jpg
20211226_102852.jpg
20211226_102810.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Got a call from a good friend this morning…he was crying so I knew it was something bad. His future son in law was putting in pilings near a lake when a new operator on a 84,000 pound dozer ran over his foot. Then they had to go forward to get it off of him. He sent me pics, I deleted them because they are not something I wanted to see and don’t want anyone else to have that burden. The good news is that no bones were broken. Bad news is that it tore a lot of skin from his foot. He’s in a hospital now. His parents, fiancé and future mother in law are all in the hospital parking lot…they are not allowed inside the hospital. The guy who was working with him called me and said he wished he didn’t come into work today…he can’t get the image of the injury out of his head. He’s only in his late 20’s and has his whole life ahead of him. He and his fiancé are avid hunters and spend more hours outdoors than just about anyone I know. Hope he can recover fully from this.

Fletch

Supporting Member
George, here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery of your friends foot.. With all of todays medical advancements I'm sure they'll have him back to normal in no time...

Reactions: Sgt Fury

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn, that would suck. Luckily the bones were still intact. Depending on nerve damage mostly it should heal up and be back too normal.
It’s still gut wrenching too see this happen though. Bet the guy driving feels like shit right about now.
George keep us posted on his progress.