Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The top five big 8’s

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I'd love to kill a giant 8 . I backstrapped one about 10 yrs ago in Adams county that was 160ish . Just a ridiculous big deer . And I chased that bingo deer for several years without success . Here's a TC pic of bingo . The IR makes him look thin but trust me . He had serious mass
IMG_20160922_173850026.jpg

My biggest 8s are all actually a 9s technically I guess .
IMG954174.jpg
IMG_20160109_192832.jpg
4115.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I remember you hunting Bingo, WHAT A GIANT! I knew you’ve killed several dandies that were either 8 or 9 over the past several years but wasn’t sure which they were. Gettin old bub😂

Reactions: giles

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
That deer gave me fits . I only saw him once in 3 seasons . And despite literally hundreds to TC photos I only ever had 3 times I got him on Camera during season in daylight in the 3 yrs . He bedded a within a few hundred yards of the property line on a adjacent property . Never heard of anyone killing him either . Oh well , it's in a past now . He kicked my butt .

Reactions: finelyshedded

Fletch

Supporting Member
Brock couple nice bucks Mason and you have there.. That first pic Mason looks super young..

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We oughta have a thread dedicated to just 5x4’s and load that fugger up! I bet it would be pretty dang impressive.😂🤣👍🏻

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ill throw this 6 and 8 into the mix.. They are Jersey deer so theydon't compare to most of the deer posted here.. But the 6 was kinda special...

It was taken on Oct. 19, 1982... It was shortly after 8 am when I heard walking and saw this guy comming, but he was going to pass behind me.. Now Im up 20 ft. In my Baker with no safety belt on.. As he passes the tree I lean out on one leg and kinda wrap the other around the tree all in one motion while drawing the bow.. I was shooting fingers and soon as I anchored I released and the Easton 2117 tipped with a Savora Super S found its mark. He ran about 45 yds and tipped over... I was in a contest at a well known archery shop in Jersey called: Butts and Bows.. ( Im sure Sgt Fury knows of it )... Im guessing there were over 500 people in this contest... My buck weighed 185 dressed and ended up taking 3rd place... I won a black bear trip to Canada... To top all that... My brother had back surgery the day before and wanted to see it.. So off to the hospital I went... I pulled up to the front entrance opened the tail gate and pulled him out a little as he looked out his window... Boy I think back to that stunt with a Baker and get chills...
20190226_135618.jpg
20190226_134155.jpg