Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thermal Drones

Creamer

Athens
I'm not sure what to think about that! Head that didn't open maybe. Looks like a lot of bleeding but really not is my guess.

I just saw this same video this morning. I'm really not sure how that buck was still alive. Especially when it's standing in that corn and you can see the pool of blood under him on both sides. That's 8 hours later according to the video. 8 hours later and it's still bleeding like that and not dead? Goodness.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
IMG_8951.jpeg
IMG_8950.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks fellas! This girl was super excited. She said, “Can I give you a hug?” Lol. It didn’t take long to find it. They were within a short distance of him this morning but finding an abandoned bed and losing sign was all they needed to make the call. This was in Dublin/Powell area. Lots of beautiful homes in every direction and they did not want him running onto a property that may not have held a favorable view. They did everything right.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
IMG_1094.jpeg
IMG_1097.jpeg
IMG_1098.jpeg

Found this one this afternoon. I found him last night but he was still alive. I went back at first light but we had really thick fog in the hollers and it made the search pointless. I went back at 1 and found him 250-300 yards from where he was last night. And he was in the opposite direction from where he appeared to be going. He was floating in a creek under a logjam. I can’t imagine finding this guy with any other method. 100% sure this deer would have gone down as one that got away.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thermal. At the altitude I am usually flying there would be no possibility of seeing them with the camera alone. This thing has a 200x zoom but you just wouldn’t have a prayer without the thermal Once the fog cleared we saw probably 12-15 deer, turkey, squirrels and coons in the ten to 15 minutes I was searching. I am certain I’d not have seen any of those animals on the camera.
A week or so ago a buddy with a large cattle operation called for me to find a wild steer. He’s tried to get him back into one of the feed lots with no luck. So tomorrow I’m participating in a beef hunt. He’s moved two miles as of today. We can’t use these things to hunt wildlife, but when beef becomes a liability, season is open. Lol. Should be fun. Will work for steak…