Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thoughts and Prayers

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Hey Guys, thank you for all your kind comments and prayers.

So I picked Mom up at 8:00 this morning to make the drive up to Cleveland to see Dad.
We were there before 9:00 and waited and waited for the doctor to come in with the test results. The nurse is pretty sure it was a heart attack. He looked pretty good guys. Spirts were up. I think tomorrow they are going to do the heart cathoration (SP??).
They think he was blackage.
CJD as you guys know is my brother, he hauled ass up here this morning from his drilling rig, got into town, took a quick shower and drove to Cleveland, he got there around 1:00. He is staying until the doctor shows up and then bring Mom back home this evening. We don't want Mom driving to Cleveland with the weather the way it is, Mom and Dad have a Jeep but CJD and I have 4x4 trucks.
I was pleased to see the way he looked and as I said his spirts were really good.
When I hear more news I will keep my family of TOO posted.

CJD and I really appreciate your prayers, thoughts and concerns.

rrr

Good - yes, be safe boys this rain up here is going to turn into some nasty ice and then we're suppose to get dumped on big time.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks for the update Jeff. I will keep thoughts and prayers going and hope for a speedy recovery and safe trip back home. You and CJD stay safe driving and tell all up that way I said hello and Happy Holidays. (Just incase I forget do say it later) lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Glad to here your Dad is doing good.. Hopefully all turns out good and he'll be home for Christmas with y'all doing his carvings for this latest event... :)

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Man it was a bitch today taking my Mom up there, we left at 8:00 and what should be a 50 min. drive was one hour 45 minutes, major white outs, stopped traffic, could not see 2 feet in front of my hood. Mom is spending the night at the hospital because of the weather, it is suppose to get worse and tomorrow the are doning the heart cath on Dad and she did not want to miss it becasue of the weather. CJD and I are going to follow each other up tomorrow morning. Dad's going in at 10:00 a.m. which is better then 8:30

We talked about riding together and I told Big Bro I will call him tonight to figure it out. Well as I sat on I 90 in the snow it hit me and I called him back and told him we have to follow each other up. He said why? I told him we both have two seat trucks and how the heck is Mom going to get home?? He laughed and said you are right.

Wish Dad luck Boys.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good luck tomorrow. Sending thoughts and prayers to you all.

I will give you a call tomorrow afternoon and check in. Tell the stuburn old mule to get well and get back home for me :D.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Getting ready to drive up. Today they are doing the femoral artery/die test to determine the amount of blockage and where. the test will also determine if he can be treated with drugs, a stint or if O.H. by-pass is needed.
Jeff and I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Evening Boys.

Will things went really pretty good today all things considered.

They found on area with 80% blockage, they did the ballon thing and then put a stint in. Found one other area that had 50% blockage so they will treat that with med's.
Tomorrow they are going to do the old shock on his heart because the upper chamber is not in sink with the bottom.

He should be home by Friday. CJD and I thank all of you for your support and prayers.