Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thoughts on what this "scar" could be?

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before and what the cause could be. This is the first time to see this small buck...

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Could have come from someone holding to high and just cutting the far side of his back.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I would say its an old arrow from a bad shot or a cist of some kind. He definately doesnt look unhealthy from it. Hes got someserious body mass.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Could be an arrow wound, but I doubt a deer would survive a shot that hit there... from a treestand at least. IMO, it looks like a bug flying in the air between the cam and the deer. To me, it looks like there is a shadow behind it. I could be wrong, but I know I get a lot of flying insects in my trail cam pics at night. Hopefully you get some more pics of that deer. It's tought to confirm anything after just one pic.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A moth flying straight up slightly to the right. There is a shadow being casted on the deer about 12 o'clock. It appears it's pretty close to the deers body, less than a foot. IMO:smiley_bril:

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I copied the pic and brought it up on a LCD/LED screen (4 color) and then split the color and you can see its a bug of some kind (a big one)lol

Last edited: