Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO 2010-2011 Daily Hunting Log

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Got in stand at 445 tonight and deer already in field... seen two more on the drive in... they are on their feet tonight!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

With all the rain we had the past 2 days I wanted to get out tonight becasue I knew they would be up and moving. I hope they are still up tomorrow late morning or evening :D.

Good luck HNWO. Smack a good one :D.

Last edited:

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Sat in the blind behind the office at work I set up a few weeks ago. I noticed some movement around 6:30pm that turned out to be a doe. Wed been seeing a doe and fawn at this spot pretty regularly and I had decided that if I saw them I would let them pass. However, this doe did nor have a fawn so I took the shot. She ended running 50 yards before she expired. I was disappointed to discover she had milk although I never saw a fawn with her.

A coworker saw two fawns as he walked to his spot. He didn't stay long as he was setup over a bumble bee nest. Lol!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Congrats on the Doe JJ. I would think that it is not that uncommon for the doe to still have milk this early in the season. I have harvested several does that still had milk.

rrr

Must be pretty nice to be able to hunt behind the office! Congrats on your deer.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Didn't end up getting deer within bow range. Seen a couple small bucks and a few does several hundred yards away. Had a pack of 6 yotes come in though, was able to call one in and hammer it with my bow. Story and pics in the TOO Kill Thread. All in all a pretty good evening!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I cried myself to sleep last night...

1023's Season Tally

AM Hunts: 1
PM Hunts: 3
All day sits: 0
Total Hunts: 4
Hours on Stand: 8
Average time of hunt: 2

Does seen: 5
Different bucks seen: 1
Total buck sightings: 2
Deer seen per hour on stand: 0.875

Stands hunted: 3
Properties hunted: 2

Deer killed: 0
Dumbass mistakes: 1.5

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Sat the stand behind the house again last night with the wife. Had the same spike freshen up the scrape right below us again last night. This time, I got it on film. On the way out of the field, we walked up on the young ten and a doe. The doe walked to within' 10 yards of us investigating to see what we were, then went back to eating. We stood there for a good ten minutes while the young ten came within 20 yards, and ended up spooking.

This morning, I had a doe and a fawn come out in front of my camera (200 yards down the field) and feed down the field edge right to my stand. had the whole thing on video, and would have loved to have stuck her on film, but the youngin' was just too small for me to justify deflating her. They completely circled me, didn't get spooked one bit. There was once or twice she got a little nervous, then she settled down and fed on out of sight.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Headed out in a few for my first hunt at our farm this year. Not sure where I want to head just yet. Should I hunt the ridge next to acorns and standing corn? Or should I hunt the bottom next to water and a great pinch point that connects the two ridges on our farm? Decisions, decisions...

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Headed out in a few for my first hunt at our farm this year. Not sure where I want to head just yet. Should I hunt the ridge next to acorns and standing corn? Or should I hunt the bottom next to water and a great pinch point that connects the two ridges on our farm? Decisions, decisions...

You need to get your butt back where you were last night!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

I would hunt the bottom next to the water :D. Good luck buddy.

I'm heading out here in just a few myself.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I would think the wind would just swirl in that bottom

I was going to give you shit about this since I smoke up. But that would mean I'm a fool for using the wind as an example of why I shouldn't hunt Crazy Rack today. Damn. He obviously doesn't mind it because he got a full nose of it yesterday!

I'm going to head to the farm. I need to recon for Saturday and I want to check up on the trespasser situation. And I'd like to know if this old boy made it! ;) There are more fish in the sea!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Here is my setup tonight. Hunting about 20 ysrds inside a thicket overlooking corn. A creek runs inside the woods about 30 or 40 yards straight in front of me and out into the cornfield ravine. Im sittin on top of a short ridge overlooking the creek and field.

Not as much sign in here as last week but im still hopeful.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Here is my setup tonight. Hunting about 20 ysrds inside a thicket overlooking corn. A creek runs inside the woods about 30 or 40 yards straight in front of me and out into the cornfield ravine. Im sittin on top of a short ridge overlooking the creek and field.

Not as much sign in here as last week but im still hopeful.

Got skunked last night in this stand, except for a black cat and a fox squirrel, neither of which presented a clear shot. :)

Have to hang some drywall tonight so I will be back on stand tomorrow evening. Good luck to those heading to the woods today!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Saw 5 does last night. Picked two good stands to take advantage of the acorns and cut corn. Also checked my cam and saw 4 yotes in 10 days, including two moving during daylight. Looks like I have work to do...

1023's Season Tally

AM Hunts: 1
PM Hunts: 4
All day sits: 0
Total Hunts: 5
Hours on Stand: 10
Average time of hunt: 2

Does seen: 10
Different bucks seen: 1
Total buck sightings: 2
Total deer sightins: 12
Deer seen per hour on stand: 1.2

Stands hunted: 4
Properties hunted: 3

Deer killed: 0
Dumbass mistakes: 1.5

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I didn't see anything deer from the stand yesterday evening. I did see a groundhog at 35 yards but he wouldn't step out of the weeds far enough and give me a clear shot to meet his doom lol. I was surprised to not even see a tree rat from the stand. I usually see 3 or so per sit and not a one was out to play. I can't get back out until Saturday and if I get enough brownie points maybe get in a Sunday morning hunt :D.

Good luck everybody and be safe out there.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm going back in after Crazy Rack. Same spot I went Tuesday night when I suffered from head up ass syndrome. Guess who will have their collar tucked in tonight. Wish me luck fellas!