Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fall Outing: Strouds Run October 11-13

Will you be attending this event?

• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The more I think about it, the more I just see me sitting in a chair drinking beer all weekend! I'm treating this like a weekend getaway at a spa and resort! lmao

That's what I've been thinking about doing Jesse. I'll bring my muzzy in case I change my mind but kinda just hang out and unwind. It's a long trip for me and I'm just anxious seeing everybody again and catching up and having fun. Eat,drink,nap,snack,poke the fire,help track or drag,skin and yank out a few tender loins and backstraps, grill the aforementioned and just have a relaxing weekend with the gang.:smiley_coolpeace:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
There's hunting to be done ?? lol. Likewise, I'm just gonna spend my time goofing off, cooking & being part of the drag team when some lucky kid downs one. I'm off pretty much all month & the Thursday after this camp ends will find me camping at Wildcat Hollow for a week or so with another gang. My serious hunting will start going into the last week of Oct.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
See I wanna hunt pretty hard. I would like to see us whack/stack.

Don't let my laziness ruin any plans of hunting! lmao

I have a full freezer and just want to have fun. I'll hunt at some point, but I have no intentions on busting my balls to kill something. It'll be great to just hang out and relax!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Don't let my laziness ruin any plans of hunting! lmao

I have a full freezer and just want to have fun. I'll hunt at some point, but I have no intentions on busting my balls to kill something. It'll be great to just hang out and relax!

The original intention of the hunt was to stack them up though. lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A case of heavies strategically located throughout Strouds and then give you a map will keep them deer and a few of younz moving around the deers for us hunters..... rotflmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The original intention of the hunt was to stack them up though. lol

Yes but sitting by the campfire poking it occasionally stacking up aluminum trying to guess who's muzzy shot that just ran out through the valley sounds pretty dang relaxing TOO....rotflmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
37 More days!

And it will be here before we know it! On that note, it is time to start a list of who is bringing what. Like we did for the Woodbury gathering, just quote this post and add in your contributions.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jesse: Deer BBQ will be my contribution for lunch Friday. I also plan to bring a deer loin and french fry making materials. Cornhole boards, tiki torches, and the rest of my camping supplies.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Jesse: Deer BBQ will be my contribution for lunch Friday. I also plan to bring a deer loin and french fry making materials, deep fryer. DO of Texas style beans. Cornhole boards, tiki torches, and the rest of my camping supplies.

Kevin: Leaf blower, coffee pot. D.O. of banana stuffed peppers, if any peppers can be found ... if not, then meatballs. D.O. of boneless country style ribs. TOO be continued ....

Last edited by a moderator:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I was hoping to have some sausage to bring with me, unfortunately, my first attempt at sausage making was more of a learning experience than a culinary triumph. Truth be told, they are so dry and salty, I have been using them as bait in my live traps for the stray cats around here.

I have a 5 lb bag of fish batter coming to the camp out, so I will donate that to the fish fry. Go ahead and use mine up and save yours. Other than that i will bring some paper plates, cups, plastic silverware...

I will also bring a gambrel, knives, cutting board, ... to butcher up a nice fresh backstrap.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I will know closer to kick off. May make up some more sausages, bring the dip from Strouds a couple years ago (the kids that came tore it up), poppers, goose/venison bites or something completely different?