Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fall Outing: Strouds Run October 11-13

Will you be attending this event?

• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I can bring in a few pounds of yellow perch for the fish fry, and I am sure that by mid-day Friday I will have some FUMUNDA cheese I can contribute.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's going to be a blast. Literally. Don't expect to see much of me or Jessica's nephew during the day. We plan on stacking them above the bed rails for the drive home. All you farts sitting around the fire all day better be ready for some dragging come nightfall. We're going to slow stalk the ridges and sit any spots that look promising. Shoot / tag / gut / and move on will be our game Saturday. If anyone interested we may form a little posse Sunday to slowly stalk the ridges. Do like yotes. You go right of the thick stuff and we'll go left.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It's going to be a blast. Literally. Don't expect to see much of me or Jessica's nephew during the day. We plan on stacking them above the bed rails for the drive home. All you farts sitting around the fire all day better be ready for some dragging come nightfall. We're going to slow stalk the ridges and sit any spots that look promising. Shoot / tag / gut / and move on will be our game Saturday. If anyone interested we may form a little posse Sunday to slowly stalk the ridges. Do like yotes. You go right of the thick stuff and we'll go left.

I'm game. I can do a little slow walkin the hills.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Pretty much the plans I had. The "nature preserve" I was hunting will be perfect for a slow Sunday drive.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
So I know its antlerless only but are there any other goofy regulations for the weekend we need to be aware of? Standard deer tag or are others available for the weekend to work?

Things I'm going to bring:
Aluminum camping table
Small inverter to run small electric devices
Electric knife sharpener (I'm hoping we have a lot of cutting up to do)
2 burner coleman stove
Standard camping and hunting stuff
Guitar

Optional things (let me know if I should bring them):
10x10 canopy with lights
additional coleman tents (big 6-8 person ones), they aren't super weatherproof but if anyone is needing a place to stay let me know
Smokepole if anyone is needing one (for themselves or a kid)

As to how you all are talking about food, you have my mouth watering but I dunno what to bring but I have a few ideas I might try to throw together for everyone.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse: Deer BBQ will be my contribution for lunch Friday. I also plan to bring a deer loin and french fry making materials, deep fryer. DO of Texas style beans. Cornhole boards, tiki torches, and the rest of my camping supplies.

Kevin: Leaf blower, coffee pot. D.O. of banana stuffed peppers, if any peppers can be found ... if not, then meatballs. D.O. of boneless country style ribs. TOO be continued ....

Dante: Fish batter, gambrel, knives, cutting board for butchering deer.

Ron: Fish, soup beans.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Venison Sausages
Goose wraps
Mexi-dip

Not going to list the camping/hunting stuff but if someone needs a tent I will bring an extra since I will be in a cabin.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Jesse: Deer BBQ will be my contribution for lunch Friday. I also plan to bring a deer loin and french fry making materials, deep fryer. DO of Texas style beans. Cornhole boards, tiki torches, and the rest of my camping supplies.

Kevin: Leaf blower, coffee pot. D.O. of banana stuffed peppers, if any peppers can be found ... if not, then meatballs. D.O. of boneless country style ribs. TOO be continued ....

Dante: Fish batter, gambrel, knives, cutting board for butchering deer. paper plates, cups, napkins, plastic silverware.

Gordo

Athens County

Dante: Fish batter, gambrel, knives, cutting board for butchering deer. paper plates, cups, napkins, plastic silverware.

Gordo: gas grill, 3 coolers loaded with ice