Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Garden Thread

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Broccoli crop has expanded from just Imperial to add Godzilla, and Burgundy varieties this year. All have started well, and a couple peppers peeking out. Maters are up next in 1-2wks.

20230318_090614.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hoping to hear from any blueberry enthusiasts myself.
I walked my front yard this past weekend checking on the health and status of all 10 fruit trees I planted last spring and the 2 blueberry bushes and am very happy that all 12 look to be doing great so far! Planted a variety of peaches, pears, apples, 2 different bb bushes and a weeping Cherry on top of the 12. Buds and leaves coming along strong.🤗👍🏻

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Some happy chickens on the homestead tonight. Seemed like the right time to roll her over so I can add some lime, fertilizer, and compost. A local guy I know has some first rate compost and I'm going to add a couple tons to this before I plant. I added some in the fall and the soil reflects it. Really the best its looked in the spring in some time.

20230330_182613.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Local nursery sells what they call "super soil" and we got some the first year we moved here. Last year our garden didn't produce. Yesterday I told her to get some coming. If nothing else maybe it'll motivate her.
We use the basically the same in our raised beds. 50/50 mix of topsoil and compost. Works well and we had great results last year with it.
We added another bed this season and ordered more. The guy who delivers for us , backs up to the bed, lifts the bed and hits the mark. He’s 3 for 3!

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
We decide to really downsize our garden this year. We bought a raised garden kit to try out. It has a mesh net to protect plants from birds and bugs. It also has a mister system at the top of the cover. Hook the hose up and run 20 minutes every couple weeks. It has a water reservoir that keeps it watered. It also has a plastic greenhouse cover to extend the growing season. Planted tomatoes, beans, peas, and cucumbers yesterday. I will add some structure for everything to climb as it grows to try and keep everything compact.
IMG_2927.jpeg
IMG_2921.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We decide to really downsize our garden this year. We bought a raised garden kit to try out. It has a mesh net to protect plants from birds and bugs. It also has a mister system at the top of the cover. Hook the hose up and run 20 minutes every couple weeks. It has a water reservoir that keeps it watered. It also has a plastic greenhouse cover to extend the growing season. Planted tomatoes, beans, peas, and cucumbers yesterday. I will add some structure for everything to climb as it grows to try and keep everything compact. View attachment 176040View attachment 176041
What are the dimensions Jon and where’d you get it?

Reactions: 5Cent