Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Garden Thread

Bankfish

Potatoes and beans coming along nicely. Cabbage started to get heads. Had a couple helpers today, they got so dusty we had to stop for milkshakes on the way home ;)
IMG_9729.jpg
IMG_9718.jpg
IMG_9709.jpg
IMG_9727.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I broke down and bought 5 California Wonder bell pepper plants today from a local down the road where I get my mater plants. $2/plant. Plenty of space amongst the Goldie’s and maters for just 5 plants. Just had to try planting peppers again and if they don’t produce what’s $10, right?🤷🏻‍♂️👍🏻

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_7455.jpeg
IMG_7454.jpeg
IMG_7456.jpeg
Living mulch in the garden and tomatoes (although I was behind this year are taking off). The living mulch has a little weed pressure but it’s great. I’ll continue to mow it down every two weeks or so.

NITROBOOST is seeded into the rows- aiding in feeding soil and helping increase water infiltration. See picture two of the beans I’ve pulled to check on N fixation - it’s been rocking!!

Not far from there - my pollinator patch is kicking it into gear.

All things we do are connected, and starting with the soil be it for wildlife or for our food - is a darn good place to start!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My winter project has been identified. I'm going to build a giant horseshoe using this as my reference and fence it in. I'm tired of messing with temporary fencing that doesn't work (deer jumped it and ate everything but the peppers and maters). It's time for a little more structure for the garden at Shoestring Acres.

1719756350409.png

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My winter project has been identified. I'm going to build a giant horseshoe using this as my reference and fence it in. I'm tired of messing with temporary fencing that doesn't work (deer jumped it and ate everything but the peppers and maters). It's time for a little more structure for the garden at Shoestring Acres.

View attachment 196025
I see a lot of galvanized raised beds down here. My neighbor said he’s switching over to them.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio

View attachment 196025
Quotation. If you are going to fence in a horse shoe shaped raised bed, why not just fence in your garden?